question

justin-diablo12981 avatar image
justin-diablo12981 asked alina-tsui commented

HELP I AM GOING DIZZY WITH THIS VIRTUAL BACKGROUND OPTION

Does ring central have a virtual background setting like zoom does or not

meetings
1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

dallas-gilmore avatar image
dallas-gilmore answered
Ah! If you go to "Video" on the bottom right, then sync outlook meetings through the app it works that way! Thanks!
1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

aqg avatar image
aqg answered david-nielson commented
One problem you need to have a quad core and min i7 processor.
2 comments
1 |3000

lenissa-dumlao avatar image lenissa-dumlao commented ·
right, a majority of users in our company are using i5. Our IT techs let us know i5 are pretty standard. Jenn, can you let us know if RC plans to make the virtual backgrounds work without the i7 processor requirement? We can use the backgrounds on zoom, just fine. If you can let us know that would be great. 
1 Like 1 ·
david-nielson avatar image david-nielson commented ·
The virtual backgrounds (without a green screen) work pretty well on most cell phones when using the 'Zoom' app... Why in the world would you need an i7?? Something is not right here... 
1 Like 1 ·
ryan-lahti avatar image
ryan-lahti answered bill259 commented
I have an I7 processor as well as Win10 and 64-bit OS as RC says is required. It still does not work even with the unified RC App despite the fact that it works on the Zoom app. Does anyone else meet the RC specs and still have the problem?
6 comments
1 |3000

prashant-pathak avatar image prashant-pathak commented ·
I have an i7 but not a quad core ... zoom works fine without green screen .. ring central does not work ... it also does not let me "uncheck" the green screen check box .. 
1 Like 1 ·
Sandon Broek avatar image Sandon Broek commented ·
I have an i7-1065G7 @ 1.30GHz QuadCore and my virtual background is glitchy and I also cannot uncheck the green screen check box.  I much prefer Zoom's application...
1 Like 1 ·
Sandon Broek avatar image Sandon Broek commented ·
Oh, and I have Windows 10 Professional, 64 bit too.  

1 Like 1 ·
bob-bell1 avatar image bob-bell1 commented ·
we are a new RC Subscriber and this is very bothersome. I really don't want my customers seeing my employees bedrooms. When will this be fixed? I downloaded the latest unified App per your above recommendation and I see no option to address the green screen?? Please advise
1 Like 1 ·
bill259 avatar image bill259 commented ·
I would also like to be informed when the background is available with mirroring.
1 Like 1 ·
Show more comments
travis-haugh avatar image
travis-haugh answered
This has been an ongoing problem.  Skype, Teams, Zoom all do blur and backgrounds without issue.  All options from RC are unusable in comparison.  I did a support ticket and went back and forth several times and was told that it was a known bug that would eventually get fixed.
1 |3000

Work together.
From anywhere.

Team messaging, video meetings
and phone - all in one app.

Get the new RingCentral app