question

justin-diablo12981 avatar image
justin-diablo12981 asked alina-tsui commented

HELP I AM GOING DIZZY WITH THIS VIRTUAL BACKGROUND OPTION

Does ring central have a virtual background setting like zoom does or not

meetings
1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

jessica-community-moderator avatar image
jessica-community-moderator answered ronda-tappan1531 commented
Hi Justin, 

RingCentral Meetings does have virtual backgrounds. Check out this KB article here for more information! 
3 comments
1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

peg-eitl avatar image peg-eitl commented ·
The issue is quality.  Without a green screen, the virtual background is useless.
2 Likes 2 ·
daniel-trojer avatar image daniel-trojer commented ·
completely useless. absolute joke of a feature . who has a green screen . how is this not available. 
2 Likes 2 ·
ronda-tappan1531 avatar image ronda-tappan1531 commented ·
Jessica.  I see what people are complaining about:  If you start a video meeting with the Unified App (formerly Glip) it's have the virtual background-works pretty good.  However, when you use RingCentral Meetings app, it's terrible.  Can you get a ticket open with RC support to evaluate and resolve this issue?
2 Likes 2 ·
jeff-faber12940 avatar image
jeff-faber12940 answered b-d commented
Hi Jessica, I came to ask almost the same thing - Zoom have recently added a plugin that makes the Virtual Background work even without a greenscreen (or reasonable substitute) - do you know if and when this capability will make its way to RCM?  Thanks.

19 comments
1 |3000

jessica-community-moderator avatar image jessica-community-moderator ♦♦ commented ·
Hi Jeff, 

I haven't heard anything about this feature being made available. If/when i hear anything I will post here :) 
1 Like 1 ·
derek-jones avatar image derek-jones commented ·
Any updates on this?

Our team just switched from zoom, and we all used virtual backgrounds, but in RingCentral virtual background doesn't work without greenscreen. In zoom there is an option "I have a greenscreen" which you can uncheck and it works great. RingCentral does not have this.

Please add/expose this option

thanks,
Derek

1 Like 1 ·
brian-hanrahan avatar image brian-hanrahan commented ·
It's much more than a "vanity" option for remote workers, FYI. Strongly support this!
1 Like 1 ·
rique10966 avatar image rique10966 commented ·
When using this without green screen enabled, RC Meetings virtual backgrounds flash with an effect which is almost strobe-like. It is completely unusable. Is there a workaround?
1 Like 1 ·
aqg avatar image aqg commented ·
I was just on a meeting ....he had zoom and could enable virtual background without a green screen. When will this be available....I thought we were subscribing to a service that had the latest zoom technology? Do we need to scrap RC and go to zoom direct? Its now a real priority...

1 Like 1 ·
Show more comments
lenissa-dumlao avatar image
lenissa-dumlao answered alina-tsui commented
Are there plans on giving RC customers this capability? With everyone working remotely at this time, many users are requesting virtual backgrounds. I agree, if RC is powered by zoom, why do we not yet have this capability?
12 comments
1 |3000

peg-eitl avatar image peg-eitl commented ·
Not true.  The issue is quality and this capability within RC is dependent on a professional green screen background.  Otherwise, it's not usable.
1 Like 1 ·
That is weird Peg.  I totally get it now.  I am running my meetings from the Unified App.  when I use that, it's great.  However, if I go through the meetings app, I see exactly what you are talking about!!!  I will open a ticket on this.... stay tuned!  This is bizarre.  Have you tried downloading the Unified app?  Previously... GLIP.
1 Like 1 ·
Using unified app. 

1 Like 1 ·
my specs are way adequate. 

1 Like 1 ·
Please see my previous comment.  You just need to turn it on.
0 Likes 0 ·
Show more comments
jon-gibbs avatar image
jon-gibbs answered chazb commented
Is everyone else experience choppy virtual background that does not work even with solid colors?
1 comment
1 |3000

chazb avatar image chazb commented ·
Yes, I bought a green screen as I thought that would resolve the issue and it's still a mess. 
0 Likes 0 ·
k-mcdaid9676 avatar image
k-mcdaid9676 answered
On RC it only works well when you use a high quality green screen as the backdrop.  With the lower quality green screens you get the head "shimmer". On other colored solid backgrounds its choppy.  On Zoom it seems to work fine regardless of what kind of background you are using.
1 |3000

dallas-gilmore avatar image
dallas-gilmore answered ronda-tappan1531 commented
It works for me on Zoom when I un-check "I have a green screen". This option is not available on RingCentral.
1 comment
1 |3000

This feature is available.  You may need to follow my recommendations above.
0 Likes 0 ·
tyler-sims13331 avatar image
tyler-sims13331 answered dan-henriques commented
I have opened a case with RingCentral to see. Zoom as everyone says works perfectly when unchecking I have a green screen. Since RingCentral Meetings is powered by Zoom, I don't see why they can't make this available. We really need this option, otherwise, we will have to switch.
5 comments
1 |3000

dan-henriques avatar image dan-henriques commented ·
Hey RingCentral - the virtual background doesn't work without a green screen, yet for Zoom it does. Get this option fixed in the next update and let users have the option to un-check "i have a green screen". Major points if you get this solved!!!
1 Like 1 ·
yeah works amazing. hahaha great job ring central. 

1 Like 1 ·
Hi Ronda, in my Virtual Background settings there is no box for me select that I am not using a green room. This option was there before I did my last update, and now it is gone. 
1 Like 1 ·
from what I have seen with other customers, is you cannot move that fast you get a little choppy. 
0 Likes 0 ·
I use this all the time Dan with very little issue.. just a little choppy.  You don't have to select I have a green room.  Unless you have one :) 
0 Likes 0 ·
samudrabhuyan avatar image
samudrabhuyan answered dan-henriques commented
Hi everyone, 
This option is there on the RingCentral unified apps > Meetings Settings. (The screens are a little different, but you should be able to login to the unified apps with your existing IDs). Those settings will then work for that client. 
The standalone RingCentral Meetings will be getting this in the next upgrade (tentatively May'20)
Hope that helps! 
2 comments
1 |3000

k-mcdaid9676 avatar image k-mcdaid9676 commented ·
Yes, the option is there but have you tried it? Its unusable. They even warn you when you turn it on ,that you need a green screen background to get it to function better. Zoom has no requirements like that and their version of this option works well.
1 Like 1 ·
Agree - when you finish this update be sure to get it so that people dont need a solid background or green screen to use the feature. 
1 Like 1 ·
dallas-gilmore avatar image
dallas-gilmore answered usha-vargas7195 commented
Thank you! Where is unified apps located, website or application? 
4 comments
1 |3000

jenn-community-moderator avatar image jenn-community-moderator ♦ commented ·
Hi Dallas!

Our unified app located here!
Choose the version 20.2.2

Thanks! 
1 Like 1 ·
usha-vargas7195 avatar image usha-vargas7195 commented ·
I agree, thank goddness.  However, in the Unified App, is there a way to "import" all of your previously scheduled meetings from the RC Meetings App?

1 Like 1 ·
dallas-gilmore avatar image dallas-gilmore commented ·
Hello Jenn, thank you but I have both RingCentral and RingCentral Meetings downloaded on Windows  already. Not seeing the "Green Screen" checkbox option inside the app. Do you have a screen shot? :) 
0 Likes 0 ·
tyler-sims13331 avatar image tyler-sims13331 commented ·
Yes! It works through the unified app!
0 Likes 0 ·
tyler-sims13331 avatar image
tyler-sims13331 answered susie-keehner commented
Everyone - it works through the unified RingCentral App - just go to RingCentral Meetings through there! 
2 comments
1 |3000

heidi-baines avatar image heidi-baines commented ·
How did you get to settings in the unified app?  
0 Likes 0 ·
susie-keehner avatar image susie-keehner commented ·
Virtual Background is turned on - but I don't see the same screen where there is a check box for I have a green screen?
0 Likes 0 ·
Work together.
From anywhere.

Team messaging, video meetings
and phone - all in one app.

Get the new RingCentral app