question

dale-bemis13378 avatar image
dale-bemis13378 asked saadetswift16514 commented

How to handle multiple incoming calls???

Here is the scenario.... I have 5 Customer Service Reps with desktop phones. All 5 are on the phone with customers. 5 more customers call while the 5 are on calls...

None of the 5 Customer Service Reps know that there is another incoming call to answer.

Customer lets phone ring for 30 seconds and hangs up and calls a competitor.

If the 5 Customer Service Reps saw another incoming call, they should be able to put their current call on hold and answer the other call.

How can I resolve this issue other than hiring more Customer Service Reps or adding a 2nd desktop phone to every Customer Service Rep???

call handling
1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

gary-manske12971 avatar image
gary-manske12971 answered
Check out the Bridge Operator Console in the AppGallery. Also, you may need to review your admin settings.
www.bridgeoc.com
1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

dawn-springmeyer avatar image
dawn-springmeyer answered saadetswift16514 commented
I don't think spending more money is the solution.  RingCentral needs to be more user friendly, especially on simple tasks.  We have a similar problem where, if we put a call on hold, we cannot pick up another line.  We have the Polycom phones.  This should not be difficult, yet I find everything we do with this product is way more complicated than it needs to be.  I should not have to purchase an advanced phone or headset to be able to use your product.  We cannot even get caller ID on our phones.  We would have to upgrade our plan...really?
1 comment
1 |3000

saadetswift16514 avatar image saadetswift16514 commented ·
Hey Dale and Dawn,

Sounds like you're using Call Queues. Currently Queues don't support Call Waiting but you can vote for the feature request here.
0 Likes 0 ·
Work together.
From anywhere.

Team messaging, video meetings
and phone - all in one app.

Get the new RingCentral app