Question

Text messages arent showing up anywhere...

• 9 January 2019
  • 3 replies

I have a US based account, and whenever my number recieves a text message I get the email notification, but on my IOS app (10.3.1.1.37 51.10.31.5) and my desktop app on mac (10.2.1.31914 (64-bit)) I dont ever receive the text.

-I have to have the app running, and be the one to start the conversation in order for it to work.

-Started and responded conversations on Mac will show on IOS app and vice versa.

-Opening a link from the email notification will launch the site to download but wont prompt the app.

3 replies

Please open a case so we can investigate! 

Was this ever resolved? I am having the same issue. I receive a notification for the text, but when I open the app on my iphone, I have to go find the contact and start a conversation in order to see the text. It doesn't show up on my messages page at all. Thanks!
Hi. The issue had something to do the text messages going to an auto receptionist and not my direct user. Also, at the time, there was a known issue with the Mac app simply not getting texts. Something about iOS making it easier than Mac OS.

I had to call and someone on the tech support side of things changed the auto settings and helped me address it - Im not 100% sure what they did.

I needed to add a line for my plan and actually ended up canceling Ring Central cause of issues with the sales teams. We use google voice now and its like 3/5 stars, but texting and call forwarding works great, and thats all we need.

Good luck!