question

lavigna avatar image
lavigna asked alexis-beem commented

Text messages arent showing up anywhere...

I have a US based account, and whenever my number recieves a text message I get the email notification, but on my IOS app (10.3.1.1.37 51.10.31.5) and my desktop app on mac (10.2.1.31914 (64-bit)) I dont ever receive the text.

-I have to have the app running, and be the one to start the conversation in order for it to work.

-Started and responded conversations on Mac will show on IOS app and vice versa.

-Opening a link from the email notification will launch the site to download but wont prompt the app.

sms and text messaging
1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

saadetswift16514 avatar image
saadetswift16514 answered marilee-bevans15404 commented
Please open a case so we can investigate! 

1 comment
1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

marilee-bevans15404 avatar image marilee-bevans15404 commented ·
I am wondering the same thing.  Must have to do with Mac/IOS
0 Likes 0 ·
alexis-beem avatar image
alexis-beem answered lavigna commented
Was this ever resolved? I am having the same issue. I receive a notification for the text, but when I open the app on my iphone, I have to go find the contact and start a conversation in order to see the text. It doesn't show up on my messages page at all. Thanks!
1 comment
1 |3000

lavigna avatar image lavigna commented ·
I responded in a new reply - sorry about that.
0 Likes 0 ·
lavigna avatar image
lavigna answered alexis-beem commented
Hi. The issue had something to do the text messages going to an auto receptionist and not my direct user. Also, at the time, there was a known issue with the Mac app simply not getting texts. Something about iOS making it easier than Mac OS.

I had to call and someone on the tech support side of things changed the auto settings and helped me address it - Im not 100% sure what they did.

I needed to add a line for my plan and actually ended up canceling Ring Central cause of issues with the sales teams. We use google voice now and its like 3/5 stars, but texting and call forwarding works great, and thats all we need.

Good luck!
1 comment
1 |3000

alexis-beem avatar image alexis-beem commented ·
Thank you for the reply! I ended up just downloading the old RC Phone app, which lets me create contacts and actually shows my text messages, just not direct messages. So now I have two apps. Not perfect but at least it's something.
1 Like 1 ·
Work together.
From anywhere.

Team messaging, video meetings
and phone - all in one app.

Get the new RingCentral app