question

mamerica13592 avatar image
mamerica13592 asked danno147 commented

Cannot Pick Up a Parked Call with the APP

I created a private park location, added users and enabled "Presence" on the devices. The park location shows up as a button on my desk phone and I can park a call from both my desk phone and my softphone. The problem is that I cannot pick up a parked call within the softphone app.

According to the instructions, there should be an icon that says "Pickup" on the HUD" tab:

But after I park a call, this option is not visible. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

hud
1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

basil-babaa13607 avatar image
basil-babaa13607 answered
When using the RC Phone app the park locations show up under the 3 vertical dots at top right of app. I do not think this can be done from the RingCentral/Glip app. There is a disconnect between these 2 apps, for instance... In the Ring Central app, you can do 3-way calling but from the RC Phone app, 3-Way calling is not possible as depicted in the instructions. I am having to use both apps to get all calling features.
1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

mamerica13592 avatar image
mamerica13592 answered danno147 commented
Thanks. I am not using RingCentral. I am using RingCentral Phone version 10.3.1

6 comments
1 |3000

danno147 avatar image danno147 commented ·
What you want to do does work.  Just make sure you add the PARK zone in your HUD tab.  I use mine 10 times a day, parking and picking up back and forth.
1 Like 1 ·
mamerica13592 avatar image mamerica13592 commented ·
I guess I'll have to start a ticket. It does not work. It was in the HUD but there is no option to retrieve a call from there.
1 Like 1 ·
When you say "the softphone app" is that the app on your PC or the app on your cell phone??

0 Likes 0 ·
mamerica13592 avatar image mamerica13592 commented ·
RingCentral Phone on my Windows PC. That's what my account rep calls it.
I think they just call the phone app "The phone app"

0 Likes 0 ·
Cool.  Yeah, everybody has their own name for it.
0 Likes 0 ·
Show more comments
Work together.
From anywhere.

Team messaging, video meetings
and phone - all in one app.

Get the new RingCentral app