question

michael-arndt1083 avatar image
michael-arndt1083 asked travis-lemmon commented

Abandoned calls vs. Refused calls

In performance reports there's a KPI called Abandoned calls (Count of all queue calls that were not answers by a user - includes VM) and then there's Refused (Count of all queue calls that were not answered by at least one user).

This seems the same yet for the last 7 days my report shows 117 abandoned calls and 52 refused calls.

What does this mean?

analytics and reporting
1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

danno147 avatar image
danno147 answered
Not 100% sure w/RC, but in most systems that would be a call that rang on an agent's phone, but they (the agent) refused (ignored) it, and the caller should have gone to the next available agent.
1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

michael-arndt1083 avatar image
michael-arndt1083 answered
So "Refused" mean when an agent hit the reject button on the phone? What happens in a call queue scenario where a call rings to 5 agents, 2 reject it but 1 agent picks up the call? Would that still register as a refused call?
1 |3000

arndt1765 avatar image
arndt1765 answered travis-lemmon commented
So if a queue is setup to ring 5 agents simultaneously will it then always register a "Rejected" because only 1 agent picked up? Am I understanding this correctly?
3 comments
1 |3000

danno147 avatar image danno147 commented ·
4example; I call your queue, agent A hits the ignore button, and agent B answers me.... so you'll have (1) rejected and (1) answered) and (3) missed. 
1 Like 1 ·
travis-lemmon avatar image travis-lemmon commented ·
Hi RC team - is there a way to track higher level metrics, meaning, tracking individual calls vs individuals actions within a single call? i.e. if user calls in and 5 agents ignore the call, that counts for 1 Rejected call?
1 Like 1 ·
danno147 avatar image danno147 commented ·
Now, if no one ignores (rejects the call)... you'll have (1) answered and (4) missed. 
capisci?
0 Likes 0 ·
jessica-community-moderator avatar image
jessica-community-moderator answered
Hi Michael, 

Danno is correct. Abandoned calls are from contacts who hung up before speaking with an Agent during the specified time period. Refused calls are the total count of Contacts refused by the Agent. Check out this KB article for more info.
1 |3000

saadetswift16514 avatar image
saadetswift16514 answered
Hey Michael,

"Refused" does refer to if the Agent "Ignores" the call. The Analytics Portal will, essentially, show both pieces of information. The Call was (eventually) answered, but it was also Rejected and by these particular members.
1 |3000

Work together.
From anywhere.

Team messaging, video meetings
and phone - all in one app.

Get the new RingCentral app