question

thad-servi13908 avatar image
thad-servi13908 asked jessica-community-moderator answered

we want to set up desktop numbers to send and receive texts only to outside clients

Can we set up RingCentral so that we can text out from a desktop numbers but recipients can only reply to us via text. In other words, We want to be able to send out a text from a desktop number but we don't want people calling us back directly. If they call back, we want them to go through the main number. of course we want this feature to only apply to outside calls - to clients. We still want to be able to call Active staff from my desktop numbers.

I realize this cannot currently be done but I would like to request that this Improvement be implemented.

sms and text messaging
1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

jessica-community-moderator avatar image
jessica-community-moderator answered
Hi Thad, 

We have an upcoming feature that allows users to set the outbound caller ID, meaning you can text from your desktop number but the caller ID reflects as your main number so when people call back they call to the main number. Keep an eye out for this feature to be implemented soon! 
1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

Work together.
From anywhere.

Team messaging, video meetings
and phone - all in one app.

Get the new RingCentral app