question

Michelle Cannon avatar image
Michelle Cannon asked bjsvec answered

Dual Entries Under People

We are having an issue with people appearing twice in the People area of Glip. How do we remedy this? I have called and messaged several times but we aren't getting anywhere. Along with these dual entries we are also getting the following message while trying to access their message on a desktop "You are using an unsupported browser for this feature. Please sign in with Google Chrome or download the Glip desktop app." This message only appears with the people who are listed twice.

messagecontacts
1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

bjsvec avatar image
bjsvec answered
Can you provide more details?  Is the trouble reproducible?  Do you have a case number from support?  What steps have you taken so far to try to isolate or resolve the trouble?
1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

Michelle Cannon answered
Yes I have several case numbers. 
 08221233 Michelle Cannon Glip Issue Level 4 - Medium 5:58 PM EST, 01/31/2019
08239966 Brandon Carda Glip Issue Level 4 - Medium 2:10 PM EST, 02/05/2019 Work in Progress 08219050 Michelle Cannon Glip Level 4 - Medium 1:43 PM EST, 01/31/2019 Closed -I never closed 08219050

Here is a pic 
1 |3000

Michelle Cannon answered bjsvec commented
Lori is listed twice, with a different icon to the left of her name. Other users are listed the same way. If I try to access the conversation icon Lori I get the "You are using an unsupported browser for this feature. Please sign in with Google Chrome or download the Glip desktop app," message and have to message her from Chrome. I am also unable to access her profile here. Her name appears at the top like this.
3 comments
1 |3000

bjsvec avatar image bjsvec commented ·
Maybe, but even if true I am not sure that would help figure out how to resolve it.

Are you in a position to ask for them to wipe the account clean and start over?  I know that is not ideal, but maybe if you just started using it and don't have too many users yet it is a fast way to get it cleaned up..
0 Likes 0 ·
Michelle Cannon avatar image Michelle Cannon commented ·
Ok, how do I do this?
0 Likes 0 ·
I think support would have to do it for you.  I was just thinking 'outside the box' a bit and considering it might be an option to start over rather than to continue having trouble and waiting for them to resolve something that might be difficult and time consuming, etc.  Try following up on your last case and ask them if they can just reset the whole account for you.

Of course, consider carefully what data you might lose and what will be required of you and your users to setup again.

Good luck.
0 Likes 0 ·
Michelle Cannon answered bjsvec commented
I use a Mac, Lori uses a PC, she has a duplicate of me. Yes we see it on the desktop and the app.
What does this mean? "I suppose suspect will need to find a way to resolve this ultimately" 
1 comment
1 |3000

Sorry, I meant, "I suppose support will need to find a way to resolve this ultimately"

:)
0 Likes 0 ·
bjsvec avatar image
bjsvec answered
Thanks. That is pretty strange.  I suppose suspect will need to find a way to resolve this ultimately, but I can tell you that I see similar duplicates between the 'regular' user with circle icon and 'sms user' with the chat icon.  The email does not have the extra characters though.  A Glip dev once told me the SMS name was due to me sending them a text from Glip because usually you only see the phone number and not the name (an entirely different issue).  Here is an example of what I see in the people list:

You see this across browsers and from the desktop app and mobile app too, I guess?

I am running Mac desktop app Version: 19.01.2 (E. 2.0.1)
Build: 396 (rev. 771473b)
1 |3000

Michelle Cannon answered
When I access the Lori with the circle icon it looks like this 
But her profile looks like this

1 |3000

Michelle Cannon answered
Could the problem be that users registered with the old app with the phone icon and then again with the new app with the R?
1 |3000

bjsvec avatar image
bjsvec answered
I also just noticed you are using Gmail.  Did you use Glip before it became RingCentral?  Do you have an email domain that would be better suited to use with RingCentral?
1 |3000

Work together.
From anywhere.

Team messaging, video meetings
and phone - all in one app.

Get the new RingCentral app