question

Mandy Carnes avatar image
Mandy Carnes asked troy-moore commented

Is there a notification that can be shown in the task bar until you view a received glip message?

I see an initial notification that someone sent a message, but if I miss that initial pop up I have no way of knowing that I received a chat message. Email notifications are not preferred or I would just use email for my communication. It would be nice if there was some kind of notification in the task bar indicating a message awaits.

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

saadetswift16514 avatar image
saadetswift16514 answered troy-moore commented
Hey Mandy, I'm a bit confused regarding your post. The Glip Desktop app will have a notification on the taskbar with a number, referring to how many unread messages you have. These will not go away until you read the message. Are you referring to something different?
10 comments
1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

Mandy Carnes avatar image Mandy Carnes commented ·
Thanks for your reply.  I was referring to when the app is running in the background or in the hidden icons without having to keep the app open and minimized.
1 Like 1 ·
saadetswift16514 avatar image saadetswift16514 commented ·
Thanks for the clarification! So it used to be that in the System Tray you would be able to see a red dot that let you know there was a new message in the RC (Glip) app. However, recently this functionality isn't working properly and our Product Team is looking into it! I think that would help you :) I'm gonna keep an eye on when a resolution occurs and then update you via this thread
0 Likes 0 ·
Mandy Carnes avatar image Mandy Carnes commented ·
Excellent news.  Thanks for the update and I will look out for further updates.
0 Likes 0 ·
cade12082 avatar image cade12082 commented ·
Same issue, when minimized to system tray (no task bar icon), no badges to indicate new message if you miss the desktop notification.  Any progress on this?  I remember the red dot before, bring it back! :)
0 Likes 0 ·
saadetswift16514 avatar image saadetswift16514 commented ·
Hey Cade, looks like they're still working on it!
0 Likes 0 ·
Show more comments
Work together.
From anywhere.

Team messaging, video meetings
and phone - all in one app.

Get the new RingCentral app