question

nickcowell7427 avatar image
nickcowell7427 asked nickcowell7427 answered

How do I make my phones only ring during office hours.

Hi,

My account is in the UK.

I am a small one man business and have been using ring central for a few years now. I have 3 different numbers coming into the system all set up the same, coming through to either my yealink on my desk or through to my mobile (cell) using the app.

What I am looking to do is set my system up so that during the day, say from 09.00 to 19.00, the phones will ring and if nobody answers then it goes to answer machine, like it does already. After this time, I dont want the phones to ring and go directly to the same answer machine message. Basically out of hours I just want the answer machine to kick in without it waking us up in the house, where I have my office.

Im sure this can be done but I just cant find an idiots guide to it without me making a complete mess.

If anybody can help it would be really appreciated.

Thanks

Nick

call handling
1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

jim-strain11107 avatar image
jim-strain11107 answered
just log into the voicemanager and go to Auto Receptionist, then open Company hours choose your opening time save or create a Rule that after 1700 hrs all calls go to auto attd VM
1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

mark-bartoszek11103 avatar image
mark-bartoszek11103 answered
Depending on your set-up, you would either create a custom-answering rule, found under the Auto-Receptionist settings, or you would set the user hours on an assigned extension, and then create a call forwarding rule to go to voicemail. 

1 |3000

nickcowell7427 avatar image
nickcowell7427 answered
Thanks for your comments, ill go and take a look now. 
1 |3000

Work together.
From anywhere.

Team messaging, video meetings
and phone - all in one app.

Get the new RingCentral app