Question

RingCentral Desktop App Notifications

• 11 February 2019
  • 4 replies

Has something changed with the newest version of the desktop application for notifications? There used to be a little red dot that would appear on the RingCentral taskbar icon that would indicate unread messages. That is no longer the case. I've discovered that when the app is open and minimized it would then show the number of unread messages; only if running the taskbar "combine taskbar buttons" on Never. I run the taskbar with Always, hide labels and by doing so there's no indicators that there are unread messages. Am I missing something?

Thank you

4 replies

We also use small taskbar icons which hide the indicator. To clarify, when the app is closed but still running in the taskbar there are no indicators of unread messages. Can we get the "unread" red dot indicator back on the taskbar icon?

Hi Tom, 

I'll do some research and let you know what I find :) 
I would like to know a possible fix as well!  One of my fellow co-workers is experiencing this issue. 

The red badge will not go away on the ringcentral app on the dock. I do not want it. I turned off all notification options, just as I do for all the other apps, and it is still there.