question

tom-klimek3420 avatar image
tom-klimek3420 asked conor-granahan answered

RingCentral Desktop App Notifications

Has something changed with the newest version of the desktop application for notifications? There used to be a little red dot that would appear on the RingCentral taskbar icon that would indicate unread messages. That is no longer the case. I've discovered that when the app is open and minimized it would then show the number of unread messages; only if running the taskbar "combine taskbar buttons" on Never. I run the taskbar with Always, hide labels and by doing so there's no indicators that there are unread messages. Am I missing something?

Thank you

ringcentral app
1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

tom-klimek3420 avatar image
tom-klimek3420 answered
We also use small taskbar icons which hide the indicator. To clarify, when the app is closed but still running in the taskbar there are no indicators of unread messages. Can we get the "unread" red dot indicator back on the taskbar icon?

1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

jessica-community-moderator avatar image
jessica-community-moderator answered tom-klimek3420 commented
Hi Tom, 

I'll do some research and let you know what I find :) 
5 comments
1 |3000

jessica-community-moderator avatar image jessica-community-moderator ♦♦ commented ·
You're welcome Tom! As far as the red indicator in the taskbar tray not appearing, that is a known reported bug that is being worked on as we speak-- make sure to keep an eye out for it :)

I understand where you're coming from with the small taskbar buttons ask and having the best of both worlds. You can create a product idea post where people can vote on the idea to garner traction and attention with the product team, but to be transparent it probably wont catch the eye of the product team for a while (if it ever does). Little improvements are beneficial, but unfortunately get pushed to the back burner a lot in lieu of major adjustments and product future state visions. 
1 Like 1 ·
tom-klimek3420 avatar image tom-klimek3420 commented ·
I can live with that. I'm glad to hear the red indicator is being worked on and will be fixed. :) Thanks!
1 Like 1 ·
Thanks Jessica!
0 Likes 0 ·
jessica-community-moderator avatar image jessica-community-moderator ♦♦ commented ·
I haven't forgotten about you Tom! From the research I did, it looks like when you turn off the "Use small taskbar buttons" option, then the red indicator dots come back. Check out these screenshots! 

Let me know if changing that setting works! 
0 Likes 0 ·
Yes it does bring back the indicator if I change that setting, however, with the lack of real estate in my taskbar I've always used small taskbar buttons. I'd love to have the best of both worlds. In addition, if you close the application window using the 'X' but still allow it to run in the taskbar, does this icon give you a red indicator like it used to before? Mine doesn't now so I'm not ever notified of any new messages.

Thanks Jessica!
Tom
0 Likes 0 ·
donald-chau14110 avatar image
donald-chau14110 answered
I would like to know a possible fix as well!  One of my fellow co-workers is experiencing this issue. 

1 |3000

conor-granahan avatar image
conor-granahan answered
The red badge will not go away on the ringcentral app on the dock. I do not want it. I turned off all notification options, just as I do for all the other apps, and it is still there. 
1 |3000

Work together.
From anywhere.

Team messaging, video meetings
and phone - all in one app.

Get the new RingCentral app