question

robert-moore6195 avatar image
robert-moore6195 asked jessica-community-moderator answered

Recover deleted text messages

Is there a way to recover accidentally deleted text messages? Texts were deleted in the RC Phone app on an iOS device. We can do this for deleted voicemail messages within 5 days by signing into the portal site.

sms and text messaging
1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

jessica-community-moderator avatar image
jessica-community-moderator answered timothy-putnam commented
Hi Robert, 

Unfortunately there isn't a way to recover the deleted messages. Going forward, I would recommend backing them up with RingCentral's Archiver, which backs everything up to a DropBox account. In the future they'll be adding additional cloud storage services as well :) 

3 comments
1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

saadetswift16514 avatar image saadetswift16514 commented ·
Don't worry J.B. - it was spam so I took care of it ;)
1 Like 1 ·
J.B. Ferguson avatar image J.B. Ferguson commented ·
This has relevance to RingCentral...how?
0 Likes 0 ·
timothy-putnam avatar image timothy-putnam commented ·
Not good...  being able to recover a deleted text is a no-brainer...
Come on RingCentral....you can do better than this...!
-1 Like -1 ·
longer vx avatar image
longer vx answered
I'm confused. Shouldn't these text messages be backed up to your iCloud or iTunes?
Well, if you haven't got any backup, you can try a third-party program to retrieve the messages.
What I'm using is Joyoshare  iPhone data recovery Mac. It can recover the messages or photos in apps without overwriting the current data on my phone.
1 |3000

Work together.
From anywhere.

Team messaging, video meetings
and phone - all in one app.

Get the new RingCentral app