question

caulfield14160 avatar image
caulfield14160 asked J.B. Ferguson commented

ATA

ATA Re connection Issue Every time I lose internet service for a second, surge or whatever, The ATA router never reconnects. Calling tech support does nothing as they follow the script of turn it off and on. Obviously an issue as it happens every time I have a momentary drop in internet service.

hardware
1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

jessica-community-moderator avatar image
jessica-community-moderator answered
Hi CAUFILED, 

Can you confirm if you're using the SPA 122 and clarify if when you say the ATA router never reconnects, are you meaning the passthrough to your computer using the ATA in router form, or for phone service?

Thanks!
1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

caulfield14160 answered caulfield14160 commented
Yes that is the ATA I use. I have it between my phone and router for internet service.
6 comments
1 |3000

jessica-community-moderator avatar image jessica-community-moderator ♦♦ commented ·
Does the phone lose service, or does the passthrough to your computer fail also?
0 Likes 0 ·
caulfield14160 avatar image caulfield14160 commented ·
Not sure what you are asking.  Phone has no dial tone.
0 Likes 0 ·
saadetswift16514 avatar image saadetswift16514 commented ·
Hey CAULFIELD,

Since your ATA is daisy chained to your phone and computer, does your computer also lose internet connection the same way as the ATA? Have you looked at changing out the cables that are connecting the ATA to your internet source? It's possible that there's something wonky with it, which might be what's causing the re-connection issue
0 Likes 0 ·
Thanks Saadet. I have changed cables and it still does not reconnect automatically.
0 Likes 0 ·
saadetswift16514 avatar image saadetswift16514 commented ·
Hmmm...I wonder if the port your ATA is plugged into is being finicky. Have you tried moving the ATA elsewhere and seeing if you have the same issue?
0 Likes 0 ·
Show more comments
jessica-community-moderator avatar image
jessica-community-moderator answered
Can you go to the webUI > Voice and check if your settings look like this? 

1 |3000

caulfield14160 answered J.B. Ferguson commented
How do I get to the webUI?

3 comments
1 |3000

jessica-community-moderator avatar image jessica-community-moderator ♦♦ commented ·
Check out this KB article for instructions on how to get to the web UI. 
1 Like 1 ·
J.B. Ferguson avatar image J.B. Ferguson commented ·
1 Like 1 ·
How would I find my IP address for the ATA?
0 Likes 0 ·
Work together.
From anywhere.

Team messaging, video meetings
and phone - all in one app.

Get the new RingCentral app