News & Announcements User Community Developer Community

Welcome to the RingCentral Community

Please note the community is currently under maintenance and is read-only.

Search
Make sure to review our Terms of Use and Community Guidelines.
  Please note the community is currently under maintenance and is read-only.
Home » Users
Soft Phone App doesn't launch. It remains in the task bar- (windows 10)
Tags: softphone
Feb 19, 2019 at 11:54am   •   5 replies  •  0 likes
kipp-gillian

I click on my softphone Icon and it just loads in the taskbar but the soft phone does not appear. I've uninstalled and reinstalled. Same issue. Need this to work. I'm on windows 10.

5 Answers
answered on May 26, 2020 at 4:03am  
I also have this problem. RC ok after reboot but if minimised it is not possible to bring it back on the desktop.
I also run RCMeeting but that works fine

answered on Feb 20, 2019 at 8:53am  
I am running Windows 10 Pro edition.  This has happened to me before too and in fact, it happened again this morning.  I just X out of all applications and lock my computer at night and do not restart every night.  I did this last night and when i tried to open RC phone this morning it would not come up.  It showed in my task bar but didn't come up.  I had to restart my computer.  It works after a restart, but shouldn't be an issue in my opinion whether i restart or not.  i have also been getting crashes when trying to answer the phone periodically as well.  i keep trying to do the 10.3.5.34099 update (thinking that will resolve my issues) but keep getting an error message.  I am having my IT people look into getting the latest version downloaded.

answered on Feb 19, 2019 at 1:20pm  
This has happened to me before. Try killing the app through task manager, and then open it again. 

answered on Feb 19, 2019 at 12:16pm  
It works for me just fine on Windows 10.  If you double click the icon in the taskbar does it show up?  Curious if you somehow have the Run Application minimized in Settings, General.

answered on Feb 19, 2019 at 12:02pm  
Maybe a simple 'popup blocker' issue? 

A new Community is coming to RingCentral!

Posts are currently read-only as we transition into our new platform.

We thank you for your patience
during this downtime.

Try Workflow Builder

Did you know you can easily automate tasks like responding to SMS, team messages, and more? Plus it's included with RingCentral Video and RingEX plans!

Try RingCentral Workflow Builder

PRODUCTS
RingEX
Phone
OPEN ECOSYSTEM
Developer Platform
APIs
Integrated Apps
App Gallery
Developer support
Games and rewards

RESOURCES
Resource center
Blog
Product Releases
Accessibility
QUICK LINKS
App Download
RingCentral App login
Admin Portal Login
Contact Sales
© 1999-2024 RingCentral, Inc. All rights reserved. Legal Privacy Notice Site Map Contact Us