question

adim-matt14362 avatar image
adim-matt14362 asked Mike Schimento commented

Moving Bogen paging system to RingCentral

We currently have a Bogen UTI312 connected to a SPA800 through our current carrier. We are in the process of migrating to RingCentral but RC support says they do not support SPA8000. Will SPA122 work in this instance? We only have 1 zone (entire building).

hardware
6 comments
1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

michel5476 avatar image michel5476 commented ·
also, obviously, you may need (4) SPA122 units to provide the same 8 analog lines you have available with your SPA800 unit (if you are using all the lines)
2 Likes 2 ·
adim-matt14362 avatar image adim-matt14362 commented ·
Thank you for the quick responses.  There is only 1 analog line and it pages to the entire building, so the SPA122 seems to be the logical choice since RC does not support the SPA8000.  I just wanted to make sure it was the correct choice, I didnt see many options in the admin portal.
1 Like 1 ·
ihc13981 avatar image ihc13981 commented ·
Did you get this to work? I'm looking at doing the same. 
0 Likes 0 ·
Adam D. Ramczyk avatar image Adam D. Ramczyk ihc13981 commented ·

I'd like to know. I am trying to move to RC and we have the same Bogen system.

0 Likes 0 ·
Mike Schimento avatar image Mike Schimento Adam D. Ramczyk commented ·

I used an ALGO-8301 Adaptor to connect to our existing Bogen paging system, works great!

1 Like 1 ·
Adam D. Ramczyk avatar image Adam D. Ramczyk commented ·
Did you get this to work? I am coming from a Mitel system. We have a Shoregear SG-90 at the moment for this. Does RingCentral support it and is it possible? Same as you. Only 1 analog line for all the speakers in the ceiling.
0 Likes 0 ·

1 Answer

bjsvec avatar image
bjsvec answered
It should.  One thing I would watch for or try to figure out in advance is how to configure the SPA to send disconnect signal to the UTI after the page announcement ends.  Without it you can end up with hearing busy tones after each page for up to 30 seconds..
1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

Work together.
From anywhere.

Team messaging, video meetings
and phone - all in one app.

Get the new RingCentral app