Question

Is there a way to stop Hotdesk phones from receiving faxes

• 20 March 2019
  • 7 replies

• Known Participant
  • 17 replies

I have some of our Polycom phones setup as common area phones. I don't see an option to change the line to voice only so I am not sure how to stop receiving faxes

7 replies

USA-based acct | 2287 Users | 3800 DID lines | 28 sites | all Polycom VVX500 phone handsets

To piggy back on Lee's request, we want a way to turn off faxing to all Courtesy Phones and Common Area Phones which are not "User" assigned phones - only used for outgoing calls. 

Please VOTE for this if it gets re-categorized as an Idea

Lee, I thought you could specify the phone as voice only instead of Voice and Fax.
Under Phone System --> Phone Numbers, select the direct phone number and then change the number type to Voice Only.
Perhaps someone can clarify if this is the correct function
Gordon is correct, that should work. Unfortunately I don't have a hotdesk phone on my test account so I can't verify. Let us know how it goes, Lee!
Hmmm...I know Support can turn off the Fax line for a device on the back end. That might work.
That was my first thought also, but there is no option under phones. All I have I have is remove line. If I view the properties of the phone number It does say, Number type: Voice with no options, but i am still getting faxes.
Ok, Thank you Saadet. I will contact them. 
Ok, So I was looking in the wrong place. I was looking at the hot desk extension and not the logged in user's extension that was receiving the fax. Just got a little confused.