question

justin-jorgensen14949 avatar image
justin-jorgensen14949 asked john-kieffer commented

Echo on RC Phone, but not Glip, same settings, same device.

Testing out some devices for office users. No matter what hardware setup I use, the remote person always hears themselves when I use RC Phone. When I use RC App, the remote person will not hear themselves. I tested this in my office, and from home. Same result.

I have already made several changes to the hardware volume settings on the mic levels as troubleshooting steps. It's just weird that the RC App works perfect and RC Phone doesn't.

This would seriously be a non-issue for us IF the RC App could pull contacts from Exchange or Outlook, but that's another can of worms.

ringcentral appphone
1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

justin-jorgensen14949 answered
Just tried using Google Voice with the same hardware, same settings. No issues. What is the deal?
1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

justin-jorgensen14949 answered
Had to unselect and reselect. Then it started to perform like the other apps.

1 |3000

jeff-salisbury7355 avatar image
jeff-salisbury7355 answered
We have observed echo when a Windows user used the RC Desktop app which does not occur if you are using the Mac RC Desktop app. This only occurred if you were trying to use the built-in microphone and speaker - if you used a headset this was not an issue. RC had documented the issue but no fix has been deployed as of yet.
1 |3000

justin-jorgensen14949 answered john-kieffer commented
The issue has resurfaced. Called support again. We uninstalled the application and reinstalled. This worked for a short time and then reverted back to remote side echo. 
2 comments
1 |3000

saadetswift16514 avatar image saadetswift16514 commented ·
Hmmm...the 11.0 version should be releasing in a few weeks. I wonder if that would be better? You can call Support and ask for the 11.0 version in order to test and confirm! :)
0 Likes 0 ·
john-kieffer avatar image john-kieffer commented ·
We have this problem as well. Intermittently works OK. Appears to only be the a Phone Desktop App. Only occurs if we are using PC speaker and mic. We have followed every document and setting. Once in awhile it starts working OK when we change a setting, but then we get echo a little later on another call. We have a ticket in that was supposedly escalated to QoS group, but no response yet. This is killing us and we just started as a new customer. We paid to have all the network testing done and we passed easily with our enterprise fiber. I have a feeling Ai am going to regret this long term relationship with RC.
0 Likes 0 ·
rickkee12 avatar image
rickkee12 answered
I fussed for days with intermittent echo on RCPhone and Jabra GN8110USB, (didn-t try Glyp)    The solution to my problem turned out to be adjusting the speaker volume in windows.  Control Panel / Sound / Playback /GN8110 device / Levels.  Currently set to 7 with no echos.  I can adjust the RC control some, and my headset so I can hear the caller well.  This device has worked flawlessly until about the last two months, where it had been totally unreliable and only worked intermittently.
Hope this helps someone else out.  I am guessing it is caused by Windows 10 1903 update  currently running V1903.18362.356.  Good luck, it drove me batty for a few hours, but holding steady now.  Note that adjusting the microphone volume and RC auto-adjust on and off made no difference...It was a speaker volume issue that must be conduction related?

1 |3000

Work together.
From anywhere.

Team messaging, video meetings
and phone - all in one app.

Get the new RingCentral app