question

todd-silvernail15075 avatar image
todd-silvernail15075 asked beth-wilson14612 commented

Using personal cell phone with RingCentral App has a 3-4 second delay?

1. Account type (U.S.)
  2. Related case number (N/A)
  3. Detailed description of problem (See below)
  4. Previous troubleshooting steps taken (reviewed network requirements and previous forums posts)
  5. Software version (RC Phone Version 11.0.1.1.23, android, not sure about iOS)
  6. Number of Users affected (Not sure, 50+?)

Small business of 50+ employees, we use our personal cell phones with the Ring Central app as our 'office phone'. Regardless of being on our local WiFi or using our individual mobile carriers, there is a 3-4 second delay between callers and users. Does something need to be configured on the app itself?

Kind regards

ringcentral app
1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

todd-silvernail15075 answered
Hi Saadet,

Typically around 3 seconds, it turns into a mess after a few moments because people start talking over each other without knowing the delay is there.
1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

We've tried with voip on, and off, and tested with these settings.
1 |3000

saadetswift16514 avatar image
saadetswift16514 answered
So you've tried the first option, Always Use VoIP, and you still had issues?
1 |3000

Hmmm...weird. That's usually the way you should go because it's more reliable. At this point, you would have to talk with Support so that they can gather app logs and call samples.
1 |3000

We have, yes, that was the last test we performed.
1 |3000

beth-wilson14612 avatar image
beth-wilson14612 answered beth-wilson14612 commented
We noticed this issue when answering calls from the mobile app as well. Usually the cellphone was connected to the wifi network. Turning off the wifi connection on the phone allowed for a smoother answering flow & got rid of the delay.
3 comments
1 |3000

beth-wilson14612 avatar image beth-wilson14612 commented ·
Is there a way to set the mobile app to only use the cellular connect when there is an incoming call? Many times, our users are already connected to wifi when a call comes in. The delay is so bad that their phone doesn't even ring. They'll simply get a notification of a missed call. 
0 Likes 0 ·
maria1234 avatar image maria1234 commented ·
Please tell me, how do I turn off the wifi connection on the phone and still stay connected to the service to get a voip call thru my wifi? I don't understand this answer and it is also a problem I have frequently is just simply getting a missed call notice and not ever getting the ring to begin with....

0 Likes 0 ·
beth-wilson14612 avatar image beth-wilson14612 commented ·
Hey Granite & Marble Concepts,
We noticed less delay when turning off wifi on our mobile phones that had the RingCentral Mobile App downloaded onto them. It then becomes a call through a cellular network. I just don't know how to force all incoming calls to the mobile app can be FORCED to be cellular only regardless of whether or not the user is connected to wifi at the time of the call.
I hope this clarifies. 
0 Likes 0 ·
Hey Todd, what kind of delay are you experiencing?
1 |3000

I see, so it's a voice delay. That one is tricky since there are many factors at play. 

What do your Call Settings look like on the RC Phone app? Could you share a screen shot?
1 |3000

Thanks Saadet, will follow-up with them.
1 |3000

Work together.
From anywhere.

Team messaging, video meetings
and phone - all in one app.

Get the new RingCentral app