Question

Is there a way to report (via email/phone, etc) the fraudulent use of a phone line owned by RingCentral?

• 27 March 2019
  • 4 replies

Is there a way to report (via email/phone, etc) the fraudulent use of a phone line owned by RingCentral? One that is being used for fraud against RingCentral ToS?

4 replies

USA-based acct | 2287 Users | 3800 DID lines | 28 sites | all Polycom VVX500 phone handsets

Saadet or Jessica if you have a KB article on how to report this - please link it here!
Hi Shannon, 

Can you provide more information regarding the fraudulent use? What numbers are being impacted, and in what way? Thanks! 
Hey Shannon, I'm following up on this thread. Could you provide us with more details? We've made this thread Private so that only yourself & Community moderators (such as myself and Jessica) can see it. Hope to hear from you soon!

Apologies, I was on vacation and didn't have access to my email. The number I've been wanting to report is 800-909-2927. It was initially reported to Bank of America because it was calling clients stating they had won a prize and needed personal information to claim the prize. Upon investigating, it appears the number is likely operating a scam (the information I received showed the owner has a 876 area code which is Jamaica, and a very common scam we see used for abuse) stating they are the "an claiming" department. I would like to report the number for investigation as it appears to be operating fraud to get personal information from unsuspecting victims.