question

jeff-kupke avatar image
jeff-kupke asked adim-matt15170 answered

Glip IM Controls

Is it possible to control what domains you are able to instant message / collaborate with? In our organization, some users we would want with the ability to message with people "outside" of our company(other RC users), and some users should only be able to communicate with people "inside" our company. Is this in the roadmap?

ringcentral app
1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

ted-jaffe192 avatar image
ted-jaffe192 answered
Hey Jeff,

No whitelist yet for specific domains, but thanks so much for the awesome feedback. This feature ask is noted by our Enterprise team and they will consider it in a future roadmap plan.

As a friendly reminder:  today you can turn off external communication outside your domain entirely (on/off) in the Glip Administration page. Just look for this Company Settings section, there are a few controls there for invites and sign ups -- based on your desired needs just select the controls you want on.  

1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

adim-matt15170 avatar image
adim-matt15170 answered
Hello, I am also confused by the effect of the admin controls.  Our organization is comprised of several different email domains.  We need all of these users to be able to communicate with each other, but not anyone outside the company.  I have tried enabling/disabling the "Allow off-domain co-workers?" setting, and there does not appear to be any change. 
After reading the explanation KB (link below) I still do not feel i understand these options.  It states that disabling the option will cause a "co-worker" to become a "guest".  Whats the difference?  
https://support.ringcentral.com/s/article/8514?language=en_US
Is there a more in depth document that explains the options in the glip admin console?
Please advise.
1 |3000

Work together.
From anywhere.

Team messaging, video meetings
and phone - all in one app.

Get the new RingCentral app