question

d-bour11720 avatar image
d-bour11720 asked jason11545 answered

911 addresses randomly removed, disabling outbound calling.

Several of our employee profiles at all of our locations randomly had their 911 addresses removed, disabling outbound calling. Has anyone else experienced this issue?

admin portal
1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

lee2 avatar image
lee2 answered
I had an issue where the e911 address was there but I had to go in and accept it again. Seems to be a known issue with the RC database. JIRA: RLZ-32162 
1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

Justin Lewis avatar image
Justin Lewis answered
Yeah I had it happen to a user yesterday

1 |3000

jason11545 avatar image
jason11545 answered
I use the softphone desktop app and I see this when I switch workstations.

For me, the reason it happens is because I have not logged into the Admin portal and deauthorized the previous workstation before attempting to login on the current workstation.

There has to be a reason for this, likely security, but it's frustrating having to do all of this daily, some times more than once:

Bring up Rincentral.com
Load the login page
click on Sign in to bring up the profile login window
Choose my profile
Let the account page load
click "settings"
THEN phones & numbers
THEN phones 
THEN edit
THEN 'Deauthorize this computer"

I'd like to see a simple "would you like to deauthorize (whatever) computer" as an option when signing into a new workstation. But I'm probably in the minority as I work in an environment where we do not have assigned seats, so....
1 |3000

bjsvec avatar image
bjsvec answered
Did any of you check audit logs to see if it shows up?
1 |3000

danno147 avatar image
danno147 answered
Yes, several times.  I thought it was the new meds.  Thanks for saving me a trip to the doctor!
1 |3000

Work together.
From anywhere.

Team messaging, video meetings
and phone - all in one app.

Get the new RingCentral app