question

al-barney avatar image
al-barney asked saadetswift16514 commented

Calls interrupting data input.

when i get an incoming call, while typing notes on another account, ring central changes the page without saving the data i'm inputing. can this be disabled?

salesforce
1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

saadetswift16514 avatar image
saadetswift16514 answered
Hey Al, which app are you using?
1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

al-barney avatar image
al-barney answered
ringcentral for lighting 
1 |3000

I'll follow up with our Salesforce team on this!
1 |3000

ron-levy11663 avatar image
ron-levy11663 answered
I am having the same problem
1 |3000

What version of the Salesforce are you two on?
1 |3000

al-barney avatar image
al-barney answered
i couldn't find that, but i did notice a soft phone setting. if i put it on 'never open the record automatically' will that fix it?
1 |3000

srikumar-subramaniam5985 avatar image
srikumar-subramaniam5985 Deactivated answered
Hi,
I am from the RingCentral Product team.
 The admin has the option to define the way the screen pop behaves. They can configure the page to open in a new browser tab. (This is defined in the admin guide available on our AppExchange listing scroll down to the "Customization Guides" section where the guides are available. Please refer to the section on "Assign the SoftPhone Layout to Users" in the admin guide). However, the behavior of the page opening in a new window or tab does not work in Lightning due to a limitation form SF. It works correctly in Classic. We will continue to reach out to SF and evaluate ways to resolve this issue.

Thanks
1 |3000

al-barney avatar image
al-barney answered saadetswift16514 commented
This is still going to be a problem, got it. this is kind of a big deal, you realize? This also explains the 6 months of SFDC and RC pushing the blame on the other when i bring it up.  
1 comment
1 |3000

saadetswift16514 avatar image saadetswift16514 commented ·
Hi Al, I assure you that our Product Team realizes the lack of feature parity between Classic and Lightning. As Srikumar mentioned, they are going to continue to discuss it with Salesforce in hopes of getting this changed.
1 Like 1 ·
Work together.
From anywhere.

Team messaging, video meetings
and phone - all in one app.

Get the new RingCentral app