News & Announcements User Community Developer Community

Welcome to the RingCentral Community

Please note the community is currently under maintenance and is read-only.

Search
Make sure to review our Terms of Use and Community Guidelines.
  Please note the community is currently under maintenance and is read-only.
Home » Users
RingCentral Soft Phone in a Server-based Environment
Tags: softphone
Apr 8, 2019 at 8:18am   •   1 replies  •  0 likes
aaron-miller

First, I am not a developer but looking for answers to resolve an issue some of our clients are experiencing. We have a number of clients who use RingCentral who operate in a server-based environment, many of this connect via Remote Desktop to the server others via a dumb terminal that connects them directly to the server. I understand that it is not possible to run the RingCentral Soft phone on a server for more than one user.

My first question is when will the ability for multiple users to be able to run the soft phone on a server be available? I see that it has been requested multiple times over the last few years but don't yet see a definite answer as to when/if this will be available. It seems that as more and more companies move to outsourcing this that it would be a priority.

Second, given the limitation above the only solution is to install the soft phone on the user work station. This, however, prevents the soft phone and the applications the clients use from being able to be integrate because the soft phone cannot launch applications via Remote Desktop. What would be the best approach to make this happen?

1 Answer
answered on Jul 29, 2020 at 9:12pm  
Hi Aaron, 

There aren't any current future plans to make this a functionality with RC. 

A new Community is coming to RingCentral!

Posts are currently read-only as we transition into our new platform.

We thank you for your patience
during this downtime.

Try Workflow Builder

Did you know you can easily automate tasks like responding to SMS, team messages, and more? Plus it's included with RingCentral Video and RingEX plans!

Try RingCentral Workflow Builder

PRODUCTS
RingEX
Phone
OPEN ECOSYSTEM
Developer Platform
APIs
Integrated Apps
App Gallery
Developer support
Games and rewards

RESOURCES
Resource center
Blog
Product Releases
Accessibility
QUICK LINKS
App Download
RingCentral App login
Admin Portal Login
Contact Sales
© 1999-2024 RingCentral, Inc. All rights reserved. Legal Privacy Notice Site Map Contact Us