question

chakradar-raju12876 avatar image
chakradar-raju12876 asked Andrew Pryor commented

Is it possible to join audio from computer in ringcentral meetings from web browser?

https://support.ringcentral.com/s/article/10405-RingCentral-Meetings-Join-meetings-on-a-web-browser?language=en_US

This support article says, we can join from web browser with limited meeting experience, but when I join the meeting, it doesn't let me even watch the meeting, it asks me to dial in using phone number.

Am I missing some setting or is it just not possible to join a ringcentral meeting with just browser?

meetings
1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

leisa-lance12557 avatar image
leisa-lance12557 answered Andrew Pryor commented
Audio is via phone.  Definitely want to see more of the functionality of Meetings available for browser only.
6 comments
1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

chakradar-raju12876 avatar image chakradar-raju12876 commented ·
Is that expected to work in web browser?
If so is there a ETA for that?
0 Likes 0 ·
saadetswift16514 avatar image saadetswift16514 commented ·
Hey Chakradar, right now browser users have limited functionality, which is mentioned in that knowledge article. Our Product Team is aware of this gap and is looking into more possibilities. However, there is no ETA at this time.
0 Likes 0 ·
chris-cap avatar image chris-cap commented ·
I agree that a more fully functioning browser meeting (including video that works and ability to join audio) is essential.  Currently cannot use the RC Meetings app as I've upgraded my mac to the Catalina OS Beta.
0 Likes 0 ·
laura-yates avatar image laura-yates commented ·
This is now a year stale, what's the update?
0 Likes 0 ·
jenn-community-moderator avatar image jenn-community-moderator ♦ commented ·
Hello Laura! 

The audio from the computer for a web browser should be now up in running.

Thanks! 
0 Likes 0 ·
Show more comments
daniel-stonko14980 avatar image
daniel-stonko14980 answered
I also would really like to see 2-way video & audio capabilities available when joining an RC Meeting via a web browser, as is already standard for several other providers such as Zoom.
1 |3000

Work together.
From anywhere.

Team messaging, video meetings
and phone - all in one app.

Get the new RingCentral app