News & Announcements User Community Developer Community

Welcome to the RingCentral Community

Please note the community is currently under maintenance and is read-only.

Search
Make sure to review our Terms of Use and Community Guidelines.
  Please note the community is currently under maintenance and is read-only.
Home » Users
PDF preview broken
Tags: ringcentral app
Apr 18, 2019 at 7:45am   •   3 replies  •  0 likes
samuel-febres

For the last week or two, PDF previews no longer seem to work on the RingCentral desktop app. Help?

Is there any way to work around this or is this a known issue that's being worked on? Thanks,

3 Answers
answered on Apr 19, 2019 at 4:54am  
RC has changed the way that the PDF viewer works, eliminating the in-context comments (dropped pins). In other words, it has been broken intentionally and I am told that it will not be restored. Not only will you no longer be able to place comments in context in PDF files as in the past, but the context of all previous comments in PDF files has been lost. If you click a comment made on a PDF file in the past, it no longer shows you the context for that comment. Unfortunately for me, I was in the middle of a major edit of 23 educational documents with an editorial team of 6 people when the change was made (unannounced) and we essentially lost all the work we did because I can no longer see the context for the comments. I thought there would be a huge outcry, but I guess I am the only one who cares about this I don't see any other notes about this here in the community. 

answered on Apr 18, 2019 at 1:05pm  
Hi Samuel, 

The previewing PDF experience on RingCentral desktop app has recently been updated. 
Now, instead of seeing the automatic preview generating in the chat stream; the PDF will only be generated for preview once you click on the file name. 
Hope this helps.
Thanks

answered on Apr 18, 2019 at 10:14am  
Hmmm... no problem like that here - if you are referring to PDFs attached to messages/tasks. Perhaps something changed on your computer that is affecting the preview? I only say that because I don't know if attached preview or display of PDFs are completely internal to the RC app, or tied to a computer's OS viewing subsystem - whatever that may be. Maybe others can chime in as to what they are seeing?   

A new Community is coming to RingCentral!

Posts are currently read-only as we transition into our new platform.

We thank you for your patience
during this downtime.

Try Workflow Builder

Did you know you can easily automate tasks like responding to SMS, team messages, and more? Plus it's included with RingCentral Video and RingEX plans!

Try RingCentral Workflow Builder

PRODUCTS
RingEX
Phone
OPEN ECOSYSTEM
Developer Platform
APIs
Integrated Apps
App Gallery
Developer support
Games and rewards

RESOURCES
Resource center
Blog
Product Releases
Accessibility
QUICK LINKS
App Download
RingCentral App login
Admin Portal Login
Contact Sales
© 1999-2024 RingCentral, Inc. All rights reserved. Legal Privacy Notice Site Map Contact Us