question

cody-osegard15747 avatar image
cody-osegard15747 asked kris-mendoza commented

Zendesk Integration - track Duration

Currently, the Zendesk integration leaves a text note with the Start Time, End Time, and Duration of the call. The admin setup documentation instructs us to create custom fields on the Ticket object to track these values, but these values do not auto-populate. The RingCentral App should be able to push these values into the actual Ticket object fields as shown in the documentation, instead of just as a comment. Without these values, reporting and tracking around these metrics is not possible.

integrations
1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

william-hunt avatar image
william-hunt answered
I have had the same experience. I wish this were fixed.

I also need to be able to give the ability to listen to call recordings when the link is available to my end users. Having only the admin be able to listen to the recorded calls is difficult. 
1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

james-hunyar avatar image
james-hunyar answered
Same experience here as well. The admin guide is still live on the Support Center but 4 pages of it are useless unless the app starts populating those fields. I'm interested enough in this feature that I'd gladly help work on it, I have experience building Zendesk apps.

Use case: we are trying to correlate ticket categories (Zendesk custom field) to average call duration from RC.
1 |3000

kris-mendoza avatar image
kris-mendoza answered
Just adding a comment to bump this thread - I too can't get the fields to populate.
1 |3000

james-hunyar avatar image
james-hunyar answered
Hi Kris - I was able to get this resolved with the help of Ring Central. I'm not sure if they did anything on their end, but here's how I set up my fields:

Last Call Start
Last Call End
Last Call Duration
Outbound Dialed Number
Inbound Called RC Number

All of these are Text type fields. This made it work for us.
1 |3000

kris-mendoza avatar image
kris-mendoza answered kris-mendoza commented
Awesome, thanks so much for replying @james hunyar - I was able to get this working as well.  If anyone at RC is listening, please update the Zendesk Admin Guide you guys have on your support site at:  https://netstorage.ringcentral.com/guides/zendesk_adminguide.pdf

3 comments
1 |3000

jessica-community-moderator avatar image jessica-community-moderator ♦♦ commented ·
Hi Kris, I'm partnering with one of our technical documentation writers to get this updated :)

To confirm, the changes you want to see are that on pages 14-18 the necessary fields listed are:
  • RCCallStart
  • RCCallEnd
  • RCCallDuration

and instead they should be:
  • Last Call Start
  • Last Call End
  • Last Call Duration
  • Outbound Dialed Number 
  • Inbound Called RC Number
0 Likes 0 ·
patricksullivan avatar image patricksullivan commented ·
Dear Reviewers and Afflicted Parties:

Please see pages 13 thru 18 on the attached PDF. These are changes I can easily make to the document. However, I did not find a place to put in:
"Outbound Dialed Number" and
"Inbound Called RC Number".

Can this be handled with a note or an added paragraph? If so, where?
Thanks & Regards, Patrick 
S ince I cannot attach a PDF to this message, I will send the edited PDF to the persons on this thread.
0 Likes 0 ·
kris-mendoza avatar image kris-mendoza commented ·
That is correct Jessica and they should all be a text fields since you have them in a "time" format. Also, as an ask, I would suggest that it would be better to enter those metrics as decimals.  In the current state I'm not able to apply any aggregate formulas like a simple Avg or Median metric natively in GoodData (Zendesk's data warehouse).
0 Likes 0 ·
Work together.
From anywhere.

Team messaging, video meetings
and phone - all in one app.

Get the new RingCentral app