News & Announcements User Community Developer Community

Welcome to the RingCentral Community

Please note the community is currently under maintenance and is read-only.

Search
Make sure to review our Terms of Use and Community Guidelines.
  Please note the community is currently under maintenance and is read-only.
Home » Users
Zendesk Integration - track Duration
Tags: integrations
Apr 22, 2019 at 11:04am   •   5 replies  •  0 likes
cody-osegard

Currently, the Zendesk integration leaves a text note with the Start Time, End Time, and Duration of the call. The admin setup documentation instructs us to create custom fields on the Ticket object to track these values, but these values do not auto-populate. The RingCentral App should be able to push these values into the actual Ticket object fields as shown in the documentation, instead of just as a comment. Without these values, reporting and tracking around these metrics is not possible.

5 Answers
answered on Sep 24, 2019 at 1:57pm  
Awesome, thanks so much for replying @james hunyar - I was able to get this working as well.  If anyone at RC is listening, please update the Zendesk Admin Guide you guys have on your support site at: https://netstorage.ringcentral.com/guides/zendesk_adminguide.pdf

answered on Sep 24, 2019 at 11:28am  
Hi Kris - I was able to get this resolved with the help of Ring Central. I'm not sure if they did anything on their end, but here's how I set up my fields:

Last Call Start
Last Call End
Last Call Duration
Outbound Dialed Number
Inbound Called RC Number

All of these are Text type fields. This made it work for us.

answered on Sep 24, 2019 at 11:08am  
Just adding a comment to bump this thread - I too can't get the fields to populate.

answered on Jul 8, 2019 at 10:40am  
Same experience here as well. The admin guide is still live on the Support Center but 4 pages of it are useless unless the app starts populating those fields. I'm interested enough in this feature that I'd gladly help work on it, I have experience building Zendesk apps.

Use case: we are trying to correlate ticket categories (Zendesk custom field) to average call duration from RC.

answered on Apr 22, 2019 at 11:58am  
I have had the same experience. I wish this were fixed.

I also need to be able to give the ability to listen to call recordings when the link is available to my end users. Having only the admin be able to listen to the recorded calls is difficult. 

A new Community is coming to RingCentral!

Posts are currently read-only as we transition into our new platform.

We thank you for your patience
during this downtime.

Try Workflow Builder

Did you know you can easily automate tasks like responding to SMS, team messages, and more? Plus it's included with RingCentral Video and RingEX plans!

Try RingCentral Workflow Builder

PRODUCTS
RingEX
Phone
OPEN ECOSYSTEM
Developer Platform
APIs
Integrated Apps
App Gallery
Developer support
Games and rewards

RESOURCES
Resource center
Blog
Product Releases
Accessibility
QUICK LINKS
App Download
RingCentral App login
Admin Portal Login
Contact Sales
© 1999-2024 RingCentral, Inc. All rights reserved. Legal Privacy Notice Site Map Contact Us