question

frank-canace15818 avatar image
frank-canace15818 asked saadetswift16514 commented

I am trying to make an outgoing call and when I click on the green phone icon it says internal calls only. Why?

can anyone help me with this?

phonesoftphone
10 comments
1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

saadetswift16514 avatar image saadetswift16514 commented ·
Hi Frank, sounds like the Admin on your account has set your permissions this way. You'll want to speak with them about it.
1 Like 1 ·
joanna-loaiza avatar image joanna-loaiza saadetswift16514 commented ·
Hello Saadet, where could we change the permissions to allow the users to make outgoing calls? Thanks!
0 Likes 0 ·
saadetswift16514 avatar image saadetswift16514 saadetswift16514 commented ·
Hey Joanna! If you're an Admin on the account and you have a Premium or Ultimate tier you will see the option to set a Custom Role for your users :) This article explains it!
0 Likes 0 ·
admin-account1234 avatar image admin-account1234 saadetswift16514 commented ·
The User role we have indicates they should be able to make outgoing calls. Using the iPhone they can. The Windows 10 app however shows a disabled call button and it says "internal calls only". We are Premium Tier.

Can you walk through what the settings should be so the Windows 10 app allows outgoing calls?
0 Likes 0 ·
Show more comments
Don Stevens avatar image Don Stevens commented ·

We had that problem today and found there was no option under Settings>Phone to edit or confirm the Emergency Address. There was no button for it at all. Uninstalled and reinstalled the Windows app, same version that hadn't worked, and during initial sign in it prompted for the EA and confirming it made external calling work again.

0 Likes 0 ·

0 Answers

Work together.
From anywhere.

Team messaging, video meetings
and phone - all in one app.

Get the new RingCentral app