question

Bill Marzahn avatar image
Bill Marzahn asked Bill Marzahn answered

Sennheiser wired heasets for VVX 450 phones?

We have approximately 200 wired Sennheiser headsets currently in use. Many of these use a USB adapter. Will we be able to use these with our new VVX 450 hard phones if we order the Sennheiser USB adapters for them?

hardware
1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

bjsvec avatar image
bjsvec answered Bill Marzahn commented
The VVX phones use RJ9, I think.  If you have a USB to RJ9 adapter I think that should work.  I would try it before purchasing 200, of course ;)
1 comment
1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

Bill Marzahn avatar image Bill Marzahn commented ·
I appreciate the advise Brandon. Thank you!

I certainly agree with the "try before you buy" method. As to the phones we are looking at a "forklift upgrade" to the VVX 450 desksets for most of our staff. I'm asking for the VVX EM50 expansion module for our Telephone admins.

Anyway the VVX 4509s have two USB ports. So I'm hoping we will not have to toss the 100s of Sennheiser headsets we now have.
1 Like 1 ·
Bill Marzahn avatar image
Bill Marzahn answered
I know that the Sennheiser adapter for USB connections has its drive in a chip on the cord itself. this should work. Has anyone tried it?
1 |3000

Work together.
From anywhere.

Team messaging, video meetings
and phone - all in one app.

Get the new RingCentral app