question

james-bradd12701 avatar image
james-bradd12701 asked james-bradd12701 answered

RingCentral Meetings on Mac: unable to allow remote control

Our user experience designers do remote product demo/interviews with stakeholders regarding design changes. Currently, we're asking them to do this through RingCentral meetings as Share Screen + Remote Control seems to work just fine on PC. They are all using mac's though and at least in High Sierra and Mojave this feature does not seem to work.

We've verified they have enabled RingCentral Meetings to be able to control the device through Security -> Privacy in OSX. On Windows, I have an option in my client settings to "Enable the remote control of all applications" but that is not present in OSX

For clarity, the need is:

• Join a meeting as the host
  • Share screen
  • Allow a participant to control the hosts screen

I am aware of the "Remote Support" option built in to RC Meetings but that's the opposite of what we're trying to do, the participant needs to be able to control the hosts screen (as they are testing features and providing feedback).

Is this just not doable on Mac? If so, can we get that made clear in the user guides?

Thank you!

meetings
1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

jessica-community-moderator avatar image
jessica-community-moderator answered
Hey James, 

I just tested this with Becky, and it should work! We both have macs. I started the meeting as the host, she joined, I shared my screen and then gave her control via the remote control option. Check out page 31 in this meeting user guide for a screenshot! 
1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

james-bradd12701 avatar image
james-bradd12701 answered
Jessica,

Thank you for the response!  We actually found our problem was caused by in-place Mojave upgrades.  Our users who received fresh Mojave builds had no problem at all.  Deleting the PLists for the Meetings application and re-running the installer fixed this for us.

Again, thank you for the follow up!
1 |3000

Work together.
From anywhere.

Team messaging, video meetings
and phone - all in one app.

Get the new RingCentral app