question

jonathan-whitehouse1402 avatar image
jonathan-whitehouse1402 asked Mallard Owen answered

URL Dial and Launch external app or URL on incoming call RC Desktop to RC app

With the drive towards retiring the RC Phone and PC Meetings apps on Mobile and Desktop in the coming months/year, please can you review the feature gaps.

Upon testing the new RC combined app on a Desktop (Version: 19.04.8) I was unable to find a configuration for:

• Launch an external app or a URL on incoming call.
  • No action when clicking a hyperlink in this format - rcmobile://call?number=+1XXXXXXXXXX

Both of these features are currently available in RC Phone Desktop. Will they be included in the RC Desktop app prior to your planned sunset of the RC Phone Desktop app?

meetings
1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

Mallard Owen avatar image
Mallard Owen answered

It is great to see this feature now in the unified app, but what is also very important with this feature is to have the ability to only have the external url launch IF the person receiving the incoming call ANSWERS the call. I can't get my sales team to leverage a great connection between our RC app and our new CRM with this feature, as they get frustrated that their screen gets taken over by this launch process even if they don't answer the call. They're also afraid of losing data when the browser url is launched by the incoming call.

1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

Work together.
From anywhere.

Team messaging, video meetings
and phone - all in one app.

Get the new RingCentral app