News & Announcements User Community Developer Community

Welcome to the RingCentral Community

Please note the community is currently under maintenance and is read-only.

Search
Make sure to review our Terms of Use and Community Guidelines.
  Please note the community is currently under maintenance and is read-only.
Home » Users
My mic has low volume for external callers
Tags: hardware
Jun 4, 2019 at 10:56am   •   3 replies  •  0 likes
tim-smith12412

When I call external customers and when external customers call me, they frequently ask me to speak up because they can barely hear me. This happens whether I use my headset (Plantronics CS500 XD) or the handset (Polycom VVX 411). Calls to people in the company work just fine. For example, there is a notable difference between me calling a coworkersring central phone vs calling their personal cell phone. I rebooted the phone, but that doesn't seem to have improved my audio. And this isn't an issue with audio quality. My voice isn't choppy/broken/whatever. It is just very quiet.

3 Answers
answered on Feb 9, 2020 at 10:46am  
I have the same problem with my desktop app. Im using a plantronics headset. 

answered on Jun 20, 2019 at 8:29am  
I seem to be having this issue as well, but with the Android RingCentral app. Someone told me it sounded like I was on speaker phone like I was talking from a distance, when in fact the phone was right against my face. Quality was great, but volume seemed to be an issue.

answered on Jun 4, 2019 at 11:00am  
On your VVX you can go to settings > status > diagnostics and there is an audio test there.  I would play with that and record and play back your voice via handset, headset and speaker to see if you can find a problem.

A new Community is coming to RingCentral!

Posts are currently read-only as we transition into our new platform.

We thank you for your patience
during this downtime.

Try Workflow Builder

Did you know you can easily automate tasks like responding to SMS, team messages, and more? Plus it's included with RingCentral Video and RingEX plans!

Try RingCentral Workflow Builder

PRODUCTS
RingEX
Phone
OPEN ECOSYSTEM
Developer Platform
APIs
Integrated Apps
App Gallery
Developer support
Games and rewards

RESOURCES
Resource center
Blog
Product Releases
Accessibility
QUICK LINKS
App Download
RingCentral App login
Admin Portal Login
Contact Sales
© 1999-2024 RingCentral, Inc. All rights reserved. Legal Privacy Notice Site Map Contact Us