question

bob-wenzlau393 avatar image
bob-wenzlau393 asked jessica-community-moderator commented

Ring Central Chrome Extension Continuous Ringing Bug

A helpful tip to others that might suffer this - my mac started having a continuous ringing - as if malware had affected it. The culprit ended up being the RingCentral chrome extension that once shutdown in the activity monitor, the "ringing" stopped.

As long as I am at it - the plugin maintains an icon the shows on any webpage I might need to print out. I wish the development team found a better way to present the extension rather than the side webpage icon.

Both make what should be an innocuous plugin into a plugin that distracts and is bothersome.

ringcentral app
1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

saadetswift16514 avatar image
saadetswift16514 answered
Hey Bob, that's some strange behavior. Could you contact our Support Team so that they can gather logs and look into it?
1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

tom-durkin13830 avatar image
tom-durkin13830 answered
I've experienced the same problem -- really annoying.  Also -- they plugin for scheduling meetings in Gmail Calendar rarely works. 
1 |3000

Jeanette Thomas avatar image
Jeanette Thomas answered jessica-community-moderator commented
We are having the same issue. Any thoughts on what is happening?
1 comment
1 |3000

jessica-community-moderator avatar image jessica-community-moderator ♦♦ commented ·
Hey Jeanette, 

I couldn't find any cases on this. I would open a case with support. 

0 Likes 0 ·
Work together.
From anywhere.

Team messaging, video meetings
and phone - all in one app.

Get the new RingCentral app