question

fax-number1 avatar image
fax-number1 asked Welcome edited

Option for caller to verbally say an extension rather than pressing

Many companies have the ability for a caller to "Press or Say One". Is RingCentral able to do this?

call handling
2 comments
1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

Richard Stimson avatar image Richard Stimson commented ·

How do I request RicngCentral add this feature? Many people call while driving and this would help them contact the correct person.

0 Likes 0 ·
Welcome avatar image Welcome Richard Stimson commented ·

check here

https://ideas.ringcentral.com

I suggest you search if the idea already exists and if yes, upvote and leave a comment saying it is also relevant for your business. You can then link it back in here in case anyone else finds this community post. (and so that I can upvote as well)

0 Likes 0 ·

1 Answer

J.B. Ferguson avatar image
J.B. Ferguson answered
You can certain compose your auto-attendant greeting to say these type of things, depending on your needs. It's especially easy in the Multi-Level IVR.

However, RingCentral functionality DOES NOT include the ability to understand the spoken word to navigate an auto-attendant menu. All selections on a menu MUST BE by pressing a selection on a phone keypad.
1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

Work together.
From anywhere.

Team messaging, video meetings
and phone - all in one app.

Get the new RingCentral app