Question

Mac uninstaller

• 22 July 2019
  • 3 replies

Is there an uninstaller for Mac? Support is telling me no (they first said to just delete the app), but it leaves items for RingCentral and Glip in ~/Library/Application Support. Not sure where else it leaves things...

3 replies

very interested in this one. Lots of issues currently with Mac Desktop app for me. From audio dropping during calls to delayed actions by the app when an option is selected. 
My issue with the it on Mac was that it would net me do RC meetings
 (not sure if this is your issue) so i was going to uninstall then reinstall.
Either the help desk sent me an article or walked me thru an uninstall. 
It didn't completely let me uninstall so what i ended up ding is running RC Meeting using Windows inside Parallel. Hope this helps someone, even if it wasn't the exact answer to the question. :-) 

I can try to help with doing a complete uninstall. Sadly on a Mac, there is no operating system support for a complete uninstall and there's no easy answer.

You delete the app from Applications. After that many things may be left over in various folders under ~/Library. e.g.

~/Library/Application Support
~/Library/Preferences

~/Library/LaunchAgents

~/Library/LaunchDaemons

~/Library/PreferencePanes

~/Library/StartupItems

You'd have to look under each of those (there can also me more locations!) and delete folders belonging to the app. In this case RingCentral/Glip.

There are various apps in App Store that can do this too.

- Maneesh