question

Celal Aslan avatar image
Celal Aslan asked joe-ramsay10458 answered

Meeting doesn't start

We're using the RingCentral App (Glip Only).

We have been experiencing a lot of problems lately since RC decided to limit the functionalities and also changing the way it works.

Today we noticed that we can't start a meeting from the desktop app.

When tried to start a call w/ a colleague call never prompts to browser therefore never initiate the RC meeting app.

Is there anyone else experiencing this issue?

meetings
1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

jessica-community-moderator avatar image
jessica-community-moderator answered
Hi Celal, 

It looks like others on the Community are not experiencing this. If you're still experiencing this issue, make sure to open a case with our Tech Support team! 

Open support case online 
1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

joe-ramsay10458 avatar image
joe-ramsay10458 answered
We had this same issue on one of our MacBooks that had a GLIP ID only (no RIngCentral Office account). We solved the issue by logging into the GLIP (RIngCentral) account through a browser and launching a video call from the browser. After successfully launching the video call through the browser, launching a call from the OSX app started working again. 
1 |3000

Celal Aslan avatar image
Celal Aslan answered
Hello,

The problem still persists. We can't initiate a call from the desktop app. Noticed now that I can't even click any button produced on glip desktop app such as JOIN button for a meeting.

Everybody is using app.glip.com on chrome browser due to this error. 

I have already a ticket created on the glip dev team. They're looking into it.
It's been more than a month and I haven't heard back from them yet.
When I follow-up they keep saying that they'll get back to me when they have a solution.

1 |3000

joe-ramsay10458 answered
Funny we were having this same experience but the app started working properly once we logged in via Chrome and initiated a video call from that account. Note that this problem doesn't seem to exist for the RingCentral Office account, so wondering if it is related to the GLIP-only account protocols integrating with the app rather than the app itself. Hopefully tech support will be able to solve this issue for everyone. 
1 |3000

Celal Aslan avatar image
Celal Aslan answered
Hi Joe,

Glad that the app started working for you!

I assumed it's because Glip Only account restrictions but this is not how it should be.. Indeed a funny configuration mistake I believe. This issue started happening two months ago and its all the same for 50+ people in our team. We're still waiting for a fix.
1 |3000

patrick-aupin avatar image
patrick-aupin answered
Well we have the same issue. It's like RingCentral and RingCentralMeeting don't communicate. It's been 7 months. Any news on this?

1 |3000

joe-ramsay10458 answered
This will all ve mute if RCVideo become the default application in GLIP. 

1 |3000

Work together.
From anywhere.

Team messaging, video meetings
and phone - all in one app.

Get the new RingCentral app