question

greg-langham12 avatar image
greg-langham12 asked jessica-community-moderator commented

iOS 13 API changes could affect RingCentral Phone and RingCentral (glip) app

I suspect this change to iOS 13 could also adversely affect the RingCentral Phone and RingCentral (glip) apps on iOS.

https://www.macrumors.com/2019/08/06/ios-13-voip-background-access-changes/

ringcentral app
1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

bjsvec avatar image
bjsvec answered
I was thinking the same.  It probably explains why calling in RIngCentral apps are not working on ios 13 beta currently.  I know that RC devs are aware of this so I would hope it is resolved by the time 13 is released.
1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

jessica-community-moderator avatar image
jessica-community-moderator answered
I got confirmation that RC apps will not be impacted by the changes in iOS 13 for VoIP. 
1 |3000

emily-gore8895 avatar image
emily-gore8895 answered jessica-community-moderator commented
Hi there!  I'm having an issue that I suspect is around iOS 13.  I used to be able to call my native iPhone and my work phone at the same time without the call saying "Call Failed."  I also have users getting kicked out of Active Calls. Do we have any further info on the iOS 13 piece?
4 comments
1 |3000

emily-gore8895 avatar image emily-gore8895 commented ·
Actually, just got confirmation from the user that they truly are not on 13.2.2, it's just up for their Software Update.  They were on 13.1.3.  Thank you!!!
1 Like 1 ·
jessica-community-moderator avatar image jessica-community-moderator ♦♦ commented ·
There is a known issue where users are on a call native to their cell, and then an RC call comes in and ends the native call. This should have been resolved with an update to 13.2. Can you confirm if you're on 13.2? 
0 Likes 0 ·
emily-gore8895 avatar image emily-gore8895 commented ·
I am on 13.1.3 and I have a user who is experiencing the same issue on 13.2.2.  Is there another update after 13.2?  Is that update 13.2.2.?
0 Likes 0 ·
jessica-community-moderator avatar image jessica-community-moderator ♦♦ commented ·
You're welcome! 
0 Likes 0 ·
Work together.
From anywhere.

Team messaging, video meetings
and phone - all in one app.

Get the new RingCentral app