question

previous-clients14347 avatar image
previous-clients14347 asked mary-community-moderator commented

Apple Watch no longer supported?

Hi folks... So I recently purchased an Apple Watch -after making certain a number of months ago that indeed Ring Central DOES support this device... only to find out today that Apple Watch is no longer being supported. I contacted my account manager, who put me in touch with tech support, who then spoke with the Integration Team and apparently there's nothing to be done, even though users who currently have the App can continue using it, just no new downloads are available.

I'm an owner/operator of a small service business in Canada and the MAIN REASON I got the frikken watch is so I could easily monitor inbound messages from my wrist without having to fish out my Iphone each and every time a new message pushes through!

Questions: 1. Why isn't this important app being supported, and 2. When will it be re-integrated?

~Nathan

ringcentral app
9 comments
1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

susan-skaggs4044 avatar image susan-skaggs4044 commented ·
I am frustrated by this as well.  I have voted, and I hope they bring this functionality back. 
1 Like 1 ·
brenda-willey avatar image brenda-willey susan-skaggs4044 commented ·
where did you vote i cannot find the feature request?
0 Likes 0 ·
bob-robinson3288 avatar image bob-robinson3288 commented ·
The first call I ever took on my Apple Watch Series 3 was a RingCentral call.  I miss this integration.
0 Likes 0 ·
previous-clients14347 avatar image previous-clients14347 commented ·
Update... OK, this is weird and even more frustrating. I'm out on the road doing my service business work, Iphone in pocket, Apple Watch on wrist... Out of the blue I'm getting alerts on my Apple Watch that Ring Central voicemail messages and texts are getting pushed onto the RC App on my phone.

I can see that the messages are coming in -which is great by the way- even though I have not been able to download any sort of RC Apple Watch app.

As for the text messages, I can see them on the watch, open them up, and can attempt to reply by texting on the phone but my replies don't send from the Apple Watch... grrrr.

So close... Ring Central is just teasing me at this point!

Here's a photo I took of a text from a lead... 
0 Likes 0 ·
bjsvec avatar image bjsvec commented ·
I am pretty sure this how it is supposed to work and always worked.  I have had RC and Apple Watch and it has never allowed you take or make calls.  It just shares alerts with your phone like most other apps that are compatible with watch.  If you forward your calls to your mobile then you could answer them on your watch.  Best.
0 Likes 0 ·
bob-robinson3288 avatar image bob-robinson3288 bjsvec commented ·
Brandon, as I mentioned above, the first call I ever received on my Apple Watch was a RingCentral call (not forwarded to my cell, but actually using the RC Phone app).  I suppose I'm going to have to add my mobile to my Call Handling settings if I want to get work calls on my watch.
0 Likes 0 ·
Chad avatar image Chad commented ·

When I get a RC call, I'm not being alerted on my Apple watch. I've read through the supported features and FAQ articles on the RC site and nothing on there has been able to help me resolve this issue. I don't really even care about being able to answer the call on my watch, but I'm missing calls because there's no alert on the watch until after I've missed the call. Are there any updates on this issue?

0 Likes 0 ·
mary-community-moderator avatar image mary-community-moderator ♦♦ Chad commented ·

Hi! Since you've followed the guide in the article and your call notification is still not working, please submit a ticket to Tech Support so they can investigate the issue.

https://support.ringcentral.com/new-case.html

0 Likes 0 ·

1 Answer

saadetswift16514 avatar image
saadetswift16514 answered
This may help!

Here are features supported on the Apple Watch

Here is an FAQ about the Apple Watch for RC

This article goes over some other things that are or are not supported
1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

Work together.
From anywhere.

Team messaging, video meetings
and phone - all in one app.

Get the new RingCentral app