question

mark-blake avatar image
mark-blake asked julio-duran answered

Why was the Glip Dashboard hidden?

In a recent update the icon for the Dashboard has been moved from the far-left to under the 'more' menu. Moreso the default Glip view is conversations pane.

Why did something think that hiding the Dashboard is a good idea? This matter is even worse because the functionality to send email reminders of forgotten tasks has also been removed.

The Dashboard is the most important part of Glip, its where I need to start every day (and many times a day). I really dont care to have conversations shown to me at all. the notifications work well enough to tell me to read something.

With the Dashboard out of sight its also out of mind, and is not an effective tool for managing my day anymore. Of course I can go look for the dashboard, but thats not the point. When trying to implement new habits with a new system takes some time, hiding the dashboard doesnt help.

Surely if someone else didnt like the Dashboard being the default view, the best solution is to make that an option rather than inconvenience others.

ringcentral app
1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

david-hepper13499 avatar image
david-hepper13499 answered
The Dashboard is my favoured starting point each day. Each user's preferred 'home' page could be set in Preferences.
This isn't the only problem with recent changes to the UI of the App: see also > https://community.ringcentral.com/ringcentral/topics/the-full-teams-list-can-no-longer-be-accessed
1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

jessica-community-moderator avatar image
jessica-community-moderator answered
Hey Mark, 

You'll want to vote for t his feature request , it's about being able to customize the task bar to have whichever shortcuts you prefer.
1 |3000

mark-blake avatar image
mark-blake answered saadetswift16514 commented
thanks for introducing the feature request.  Its interesting that we have  to vote to fix this,     so where was the vote to make hiding the dashboard a feature?
3 comments
1 |3000

mark-blake avatar image mark-blake commented ·
the point i am making, if we have to vote to bring it back, where was the vote that got it changed in the first place?       Please ask them why hiding the Dashboard was the best universal option for all customers.
1 Like 1 ·
jessica-community-moderator avatar image jessica-community-moderator ♦♦ commented ·
I understand where you're coming from Mark. We have the Community available as a resource to share ideas and crowd source opinions, but our product team is always working towards the best universal version of the app for all out customers. 
0 Likes 0 ·
saadetswift16514 avatar image saadetswift16514 commented ·
Hey Mark, as we began to combine the 3 apps into one, we had to adjust a few things. But I can totally see how people would like the ability to customize this bar for easy access to things you use regularly. Please vote for that capability by clicking the link Jessica shared earlier :)
0 Likes 0 ·
julio-duran avatar image
julio-duran answered
I would like to be able to just click on my Company name to take me to the Dashboard. And additionally be able to customize it to what ever we need.
1 |3000

Work together.
From anywhere.

Team messaging, video meetings
and phone - all in one app.

Get the new RingCentral app