question

emily-gore8895 avatar image
emily-gore8895 asked keith-lazarus13798 answered

RingCentral App (Glip) - Have our limited Admin functions been suppressed?

There was a change recently made within the RingCentral App (Glip) that has suppressed the limited Administrator functions we had available to us.

For example, I used to be able to click "People" and "Teams" to see all of the Guests and Teams that our company has active. I could also re-send activation emails for guests who let their activation email expire through the People panel to assist our employees who have teams with their clients.

Can we get these functions back? Were they suppressed to accommodate for other Administrative functions on the roadmap? Will there be bigger Administrator functions soon?

Account type: U.S.

Related case number: N/A

Detailed description of problem: see notes above

Previous troubleshooting steps taken: n/a

Software version: Version: 19.8.1 (E. 2.0.14); Build: 1095 (rev. 666395a)

Number of Users affected: 400

ringcentral app
1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

emily-gore8895 avatar image
emily-gore8895 answered saadetswift16514 commented
Of course, I find where those Administrator functions live 2 hours after I make my inaugural post in the RingCentralCommunity!  Embarrassing!

The change made was People and Teams fall under Contacts now instead of standalone headers in the lefthand shelf which makes way more sense.  No longer feel an "Admin void in my heart!"  Thanks!

3 comments
1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

saadetswift16514 avatar image saadetswift16514 commented ·
No worries, Emily! I was just about to let you know :) Glad you found it!
0 Likes 0 ·
shelly-roth5155 avatar image shelly-roth5155 commented ·
Saadet ... i have a question about this area.  WHO are all of these guests that I see listed?  I did not invite anyone and we have a small office and I have no idea who these people are.  Is is because I am a part of the Ring Central Community?  Do I have to keep them in there as my guest?
0 Likes 0 ·
saadetswift16514 avatar image saadetswift16514 commented ·
Hey Shelly, could you email me a screen shot? community.support@ringcentral.com
0 Likes 0 ·
keith-lazarus13798 avatar image
keith-lazarus13798 answered
Emily, are you sure that you're able to see all the teams that your company has active and not just the ones that you're a member of?
1 |3000

Work together.
From anywhere.

Team messaging, video meetings
and phone - all in one app.

Get the new RingCentral app