question

greg12345678 avatar image
greg12345678 asked robert-dela-merced9071 commented

SIP Attack

Every 3 to 5 minutes I am receiving a call that is not being recorded on the ring central server. It is even a blocked number. It usually comes in as 8889207896. Earlier in the day I think it cam in as SIP vicious 101

I believe this may be what is called a SIP attach directly to my Polycom vvx 201.

Does anyone have a resolution for this type of problem. Ringcentral support had no solution and my ISP had no solution. Is there a way to block this fake call inside the polycom phone?

hardware
3 comments
1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

bjsvec avatar image bjsvec commented ·
Its sounds like your phone is exposed to direct inbound internet connections. That is dangerous and you need to get the phone behind a firewall or at the very least behind your providers router/modem without any inbound ports open to the phone(s).
1 Like 1 ·
greg12345678 avatar image greg12345678 commented ·
Thanks Jessica.  I saw that one earlier but my phone is not going through my router. 
0 Likes 0 ·
robert-dela-merced9071 avatar image robert-dela-merced9071 commented ·
In our situation, it is the opposite: our RingCentral phones will make outbound calls every few minutes to a recently dialed number. It will go on for hours until you yank the power off the phone. Has anyone experienced this before? 
0 Likes 0 ·

1 Answer

jessica-community-moderator avatar image
jessica-community-moderator answered David Hollander commented
Hi Greg, 

Check out this KB article on how to lock down the SIP ports on the router. 
2 comments
1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

robert-dela-merced9071 avatar image robert-dela-merced9071 commented ·
In our situation, it is the opposite: our RingCentral phones will make outbound calls every few minutes to a recently dialed number. It will go on for hours until you yank the power off the phone. Has anyone experienced this before? 
0 Likes 0 ·
David Hollander avatar image David Hollander commented ·

I've read the KB Article and we all work from home. Where do I enter these ip addresses? Our phones are set up through Ringcentral's website, we don't use RIngCentral cloud. Help?

0 Likes 0 ·
Work together.
From anywhere.

Team messaging, video meetings
and phone - all in one app.

Get the new RingCentral app