question

taranbir-singh avatar image
taranbir-singh asked Daniel Irwin commented

"open ringcentral" prompts everytime I dial a number in Salesforce in google chrome

Everytime I dial a phone number in Salesforce , google chrome asks for a permission . It is very annoying . Anyway I can get rid of this??

salesforce
1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

Daniel Irwin avatar image
Daniel Irwin answered Daniel Irwin commented
Using the registry entries below to create a .reg file, we deployed this to our sales team endpoints.  It brings the checkbox back, and after the first prompt, the SFDC click-to-dial is working as intended (well with RC phone instead of the new desktop app, but that's a separate topic...)

Note: You can remove the reference to the new Edge Chromium if that's not relevant to your environment

Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00    [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Policies\Google\Chrome]  "ExternalProtocolDialogShowAlwaysOpenCheckbox"=dword:00000001    [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Policies\Microsoft\Edge]  "ExternalProtocolDialogShowAlwaysOpenCheckbox"=dword:00000001

2 comments
1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

carl-dichter avatar image carl-dichter commented ·
I don't think newer versions of Chrome even use registry keys.
0 Likes 0 ·
Daniel Irwin avatar image Daniel Irwin commented ·
The reg keys are confirmed working (exposes the checkbox) on Chrome  83.0.4103.61 (64-bit) and Edge Chromium 83.0.478.37 (64-bit) as of today (01/06/2020)

Please refer to the following for documentation of Chromium policies:
https://cloud.google.com/docs/chrome-enterprise/policies/?policy=ExternalProtocolDialogShowAlwaysOpenCheckbox
0 Likes 0 ·
Work together.
From anywhere.

Team messaging, video meetings
and phone - all in one app.

Get the new RingCentral app