Question

RingCentral Glip App Meetings crash with Mac OS Catalina (10.15 public GA release)

• 11 October 2019
  • 4 replies

The RingCentral Glip app appears to not work well with Mac OS Catalina public release version. Specifically, when launching a RingCentral Meeting from within the App, the user will see a black screen briefly, then the entire Glip app will crash. You are able to start/join a meeting from the RC Meeting App, but not from within the unified Glip app. Do you know when Mac OS Catalina 10.15 will be supported as it is no longer in beta? Also, all RC apps should be notarized with Apple to allow them to be opened without having to allow an exception. Currently Gatekeeper will not allow you to open the RC Glip app.

4 replies

Which version of the RC app are you using?
Hi All,

Our Product Team is aware of this issue and working on getting it fixed! They plan on releasing a new version of the app Monday Night (Oct. 14th) so keep an eye out for that tomorrow :)
Thank you!  This issue is fixed in the latest version (19.10.2)
That is not true, I've been trying to get the app to work on Mac OS Catalina10.15.1 for the last week and got nowhere. Ring Central support told me two days ago that there is an ongoing problem with this for a lot of Ring Central Mac users. I followed everything the RC support staff said including screen sharing through the process, rebooting, deleting and reloading from the page I was directed to by support, etc. I was told they would contact me as soon as the problem is resolved. I like Ring Central a lot, and the staff is responsive, but it's tough going..