News & Announcements User Community Developer Community

Welcome to the RingCentral Community

Please note the community is currently under maintenance and is read-only.

Search
Make sure to review our Terms of Use and Community Guidelines.
  Please note the community is currently under maintenance and is read-only.
Home » Users
RingCentral Glip App Meetings crash with Mac OS Catalina (10.15 public GA release)
Tags: meetings
Oct 11, 2019 at 2:36pm   •   4 replies  •  0 likes
jeff-fithian

The RingCentral Glip app appears to not work well with Mac OS Catalina public release version. Specifically, when launching a RingCentral Meeting from within the App, the user will see a black screen briefly, then the entire Glip app will crash. You are able to start/join a meeting from the RC Meeting App, but not from within the unified Glip app. Do you know when Mac OS Catalina 10.15 will be supported as it is no longer in beta? Also, all RC apps should be notarized with Apple to allow them to be opened without having to allow an exception. Currently Gatekeeper will not allow you to open the RC Glip app.

4 Answers
answered on Oct 31, 2019 at 7:51pm  
That is not true, I've been trying to get the app to work on Mac OS Catalina10.15.1 for the last week and got nowhere. Ring Central support told me two days ago that there is an ongoing problem with this for a lot of Ring Central Mac users. I followed everything the RC support staff said including screen sharing through the process, rebooting, deleting and reloading from the page I was directed to by support, etc. I was told they would contact me as soon as the problem is resolved. I like Ring Central a lot, and the staff is responsive, but it's tough going..

answered on Oct 15, 2019 at 9:18am  
Thank you!  This issue is fixed in the latest version (19.10.2)

answered on Oct 14, 2019 at 8:19am  
Hi All,

Our Product Team is aware of this issue and working on getting it fixed! They plan on releasing a new version of the app Monday Night (Oct. 14th) so keep an eye out for that tomorrow :)

answered on Oct 11, 2019 at 3:04pm  
Which version of the RC app are you using?

A new Community is coming to RingCentral!

Posts are currently read-only as we transition into our new platform.

We thank you for your patience
during this downtime.

Try Workflow Builder

Did you know you can easily automate tasks like responding to SMS, team messages, and more? Plus it's included with RingCentral Video and RingEX plans!

Try RingCentral Workflow Builder

PRODUCTS
RingEX
Phone
OPEN ECOSYSTEM
Developer Platform
APIs
Integrated Apps
App Gallery
Developer support
Games and rewards

RESOURCES
Resource center
Blog
Product Releases
Accessibility
QUICK LINKS
App Download
RingCentral App login
Admin Portal Login
Contact Sales
© 1999-2024 RingCentral, Inc. All rights reserved. Legal Privacy Notice Site Map Contact Us