question

jeff-fithian avatar image
jeff-fithian asked jessica-community-moderator commented

RingCentral Glip App Meetings crash with Mac OS Catalina (10.15 public GA release)

The RingCentral Glip app appears to not work well with Mac OS Catalina public release version. Specifically, when launching a RingCentral Meeting from within the App, the user will see a black screen briefly, then the entire Glip app will crash. You are able to start/join a meeting from the RC Meeting App, but not from within the unified Glip app. Do you know when Mac OS Catalina 10.15 will be supported as it is no longer in beta? Also, all RC apps should be notarized with Apple to allow them to be opened without having to allow an exception. Currently Gatekeeper will not allow you to open the RC Glip app.

meetings
1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

maneesh-gupta avatar image
maneesh-gupta answered
Which version of the RC app are you using?
1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

saadetswift16514 avatar image
saadetswift16514 answered saadetswift16514 commented
Hi All,

Our Product Team is aware of this issue and working on getting it fixed! They plan on releasing a new version of the app Monday Night (Oct. 14th) so keep an eye out for that tomorrow :)
7 comments
1 |3000

doug-schaefer avatar image doug-schaefer commented ·
Using the Android app:

I tapped my profile pic
I tapped help

The only option is  "Accessibility", no "Report Issue"

Checked the help section of the Windows app too.

Frankly, given my interaction with tech support on previous issues, my hopes aren't high.  Case in point:

https://community.ringcentral.com/ringcentral/topics/show-outlook-contacts-in-ringcentral

0 Likes 0 ·
Just checked the other RingCentral Android app (why exactly are there two?) and found the "report issue" link there and sent an email.
0 Likes 0 ·
saadetswift16514 avatar image saadetswift16514 commented ·
Hey Doug,

There is the RingCentral app (R logo) that has Call, Message, and Meet functionality. And then there is the RingCentral Phone app, which is just telephony features. You indicated that this was the RingCentral app - if you're actually having issues with the RingCentral Phone app (phone logo), then you'll want to submit a case online or give our Support Team a call.

The Product Team is actually working on combining all of our apps into the single RingCentral app
0 Likes 0 ·
I guess I meant the RC Phone app. I never actually use the RingCentral app and tend to refer to both as "RingCentral". The two app situation is really confusing, I'm glad you are combining them. There is a messaging function in both, but they are evidently not the same.  When someone texts (SMS) my RC number, I see it in the phone app, but I get no push notification.

0 Likes 0 ·
saadetswift16514 avatar image saadetswift16514 commented ·
No worries! That's one of the reasons why we are combining our apps into one - avoid confusion ;)

I would open a case with Support so they can look into why you're not getting push notifications. 
0 Likes 0 ·
Show more comments
jeff-fithian avatar image
jeff-fithian answered
Thank you!  This issue is fixed in the latest version (19.10.2)
1 |3000

robert-saenz avatar image
robert-saenz answered jessica-community-moderator commented
That is not true, I've been trying to get the app to work on Mac OS Catalina10.15.1 for the last week and got nowhere. Ring Central support told me two days ago that there is an ongoing problem with this for a lot of Ring Central Mac users. I followed everything the RC support staff said including screen sharing through the process, rebooting, deleting and reloading from the page I was directed to by support, etc. I was told they would contact me as soon as the problem is resolved. I like Ring Central a lot, and the staff is responsive, but it's tough going..
7 comments
1 |3000

jessica-community-moderator avatar image jessica-community-moderator ♦♦ commented ·
Hey Robert, 

Are you referring to the "RC cannot be opened since Apple cannot check it for malicious software" error, or receiving a black screen when starting a meeting from Glip? 
0 Likes 0 ·
robert-saenz avatar image robert-saenz commented ·
"RC cannot be opened since Apple cannot check it for malicious software"
0 Likes 0 ·
jessica-community-moderator avatar image jessica-community-moderator ♦♦ commented ·
Gotcha-- this thread is about a meetings crash issue with Catalina that has been resolved. For the malicious software pop up, check out this thread for a workaround. 
0 Likes 0 ·
marc-hadd avatar image marc-hadd commented ·
is there a new RC release?  As of last Friday (1 Nov) screen sharing would not work.

0 Likes 0 ·
Hey Marc, 

This is still an issue that is being investigated. Check out this KB article for a workaround! 
0 Likes 0 ·
Show more comments
Work together.
From anywhere.

Team messaging, video meetings
and phone - all in one app.

Get the new RingCentral app