question

allison-cook avatar image
allison-cook asked danno147 commented

Goes straight to voicemail

Hi there, I just got back from small vacation and I have my out of office OFF but when someone dials my direct line it goes directly to voicemail and I don't have my DND on. Any ideas how I can fix this?

phone
1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

J.B. Ferguson avatar image
J.B. Ferguson answered
Did you set any special call handling for while you were on vacation? Id check for that first. If it worked before you went on vacation, it would work now unless you changed something before you left.
1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

danno147 avatar image
danno147 answered
More than likely you recorded the "introductory" greeting.  To verify, call your number and let the greeting play out, after which your phone will start ringing.  If that happens, then the "introductory" greeting has been recorded. 
1 |3000

allison-cook avatar image
allison-cook answered
Awesome! Got it to work, thanks again 
1 |3000

Jason avatar image
Jason answered danno147 commented
I have the same problem:  Phone used to work.  Is not in DND and is not set to "user greeting" - enabled.

direct dial, call transfers, etc just go straight to my voicemail. There are no special rules, nothing has changed OTHER than for a while I had DND on and now it is off (yes off - desktop shows accept all calls and so do the cell phone apps)

How do I fix this?
2 comments
1 |3000

danno147 avatar image danno147 commented ·
Make sure neither of these messages are enabled under
Screening, Greeting & Hold Music

0 Likes 0 ·
danno147 avatar image danno147 commented ·
Should look like this...

0 Likes 0 ·
danno147 avatar image
danno147 answered
Here's a snapshot of where it's located in programming -so you can un-enable it.

1 |3000

Work together.
From anywhere.

Team messaging, video meetings
and phone - all in one app.

Get the new RingCentral app