question

joe9720 avatar image
joe9720 asked julie-sperritt14073 answered

Presence on Glip keeps changing to Invisible - will not stay on Available

All of my organization's users (all are in USA) are showing with a gray dot indicating their presence as invisible. When a user clicks on their upper right picture (to adjust settings) - it shows invisible. And when the user manually selects Available it almost immediately switches back to invisible. This is happening within the RC app and on Glip.com website.

Version: 19.10.2 (E. 5.0.10)

Build: 144 (rev. 9ff98ad)

presence
1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

shelly-roth5155 avatar image
shelly-roth5155 answered
this is happening to me on the glip website.  seems to have happened after the latest update I did yesterday.
1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

jessica-community-moderator avatar image
jessica-community-moderator answered
Hi all, 

This is a known issue and is being actively worked on!

If you create a case with support, please mention INC-24687. Thanks. 
1 |3000

Celal Aslan avatar image
Celal Aslan answered shelly-roth5155 commented
This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled RingCentral (Glip Only) instant messaging app User accounts status stuck at Invis.... Every new week RingCentral is greeting its customers with a new bug.
This week's special is being stuck at i nvisible status . Not only one user account, everybody in the organization has the same issue.

Not sure what caused this but we haven't changed anything on our end.
Tried to change status but none of them worked.
RC Desktop App
RC Web App ( app.glip.com)
RC Mobile App both Android and iOS
1 comment
1 |3000

shelly-roth5155 avatar image shelly-roth5155 commented ·
It looks like I am ok on everything except for the RC web app ( app.glip.com). I have an android phone.  Mobile version of "glip" is 19.4.10.0.163 but everyone else that I see is here under contacts is unavailable. Maybe I haven't updated yet??  It looks like we are all ok on the RingCentral Phone app (v 19.3.4.36528) on computer and on mobile. Mobile phone app version is 19.3.2.1.14.  For me is definitely seems to be Glip related.
0 Likes 0 ·
julie-sperritt14073 avatar image
julie-sperritt14073 answered
We find that presence is pretty much unusable as it shows invisible as soon as you close the app or your phone goes to sleep. If you are a mobile user and don't always have your desktop app open (most of our users) then no-one can tell if you are available or not.
You shouldn't need to actually have the app open to show as available - just signed in and available status should be enough.
1 |3000

Work together.
From anywhere.

Team messaging, video meetings
and phone - all in one app.

Get the new RingCentral app