question

laurie6838 avatar image
laurie6838 asked laurie6838 commented

Glip Video Calling - Black Screen When Sharing

In Ringcentral meetings, when on a video call with other staff members connected through Glip video call and I share my screen, the participant can only see a black screen. However when I initiate a meeting from Ringcentral meetings by sending a link, I don't have this issue. Is there a setting I'm missing? I seem to be the only one having this issue.

meetings
1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

samudrabhuyan avatar image
samudrabhuyan answered
Hi Laurie, 
What OS / client versions are you using? 

If you are on MacOS Catalina, have you given RC the additional permissions that it requires for screensharing?  https://support.ringcentral.com/s/article/13371-Meetings-Issue-Users-MacCatalina-not-see-others-Annotation-while-sharing?language=en_US
1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

laurie6838 avatar image
laurie6838 answered laurie6838 commented
I'm on Windows 10. Ringcentral version 19.3.4
16 comments
1 |3000

samudrabhuyan avatar image samudrabhuyan commented ·
Thanks for that additional information Ben! We are investigating. 
1 Like 1 ·
Thanks @Laurie - we will investigate it further. 
0 Likes 0 ·
ben-french avatar image ben-french commented ·
Hey Samudra, Laurie,

Sorry to butt in ha. I was just googling this same problem, as I seem to be the only one in my office too. It's exactly the same (where internal RC/Glip calls show my screenshare as black, but a meeting set up in Ringcentral Meetings doesn't).

I am on Windows 10
RingCentral is Version: 19.10.2 (E. 5.0.10)
RingCentral Meetings is Version: 7.0.22441.0715

Please let me know if I can provide any further information.

Many thanks,

Ben.
0 Likes 0 ·
@Ben / @Laurie could you please help us understand the issue better? Maybe a screen recording of what problem you are seeing? (I like Loom.com 's simple screen recording and sharing for such usecases, but whatever works for you best is fine)

Thanks! 
0 Likes 0 ·
ben-french avatar image ben-french commented ·
Hey Samudra,

I'll see if I can organise tomorrow at some point.

Cheers,

Ben.
0 Likes 0 ·
Show more comments
Work together.
From anywhere.

Team messaging, video meetings
and phone - all in one app.

Get the new RingCentral app