question

julie-sperritt14073 avatar image
julie-sperritt14073 asked shaun-boltz commented

Will Ringcentral meetings and outlook plugin work in Citrix server 2016?

We have Saas, and are looking to upgrade our Citrix version. However, we need to check if Ringcentral meetings and the outlook plugin will continue to work once we upgrade.

We currently run RingCentral with a couple of Client applications on our existing Citrix servers which run server 2008R2. We want to upgrade them to server 2016 (Citrix servers only). We have RingCentral Outlook plugin and RingCentral meetings. Do both of these run on server 2016 as the client? Is there anything we should know before commencing the upgrade?

Thanks

meetings
1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

Becky-Community_Manager avatar image
Becky-Community_Manager answered
Hey, Julie!
We might recommend working closely with your CSM to tackle this transition. They'll be able to support you. 
Let us know how it goes or if we can help further!
1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

rhys-davies12728 avatar image
rhys-davies12728 answered shaun-boltz commented
Hi Julie, did this work for you?  We are looking at the same scenario.

Thanks
9 comments
1 |3000

julie-sperritt14073 avatar image julie-sperritt14073 commented ·
Hi!
The plugin works in that we can schedule meetings but we haven't managed to get the actual meeting screen/pop up to work yet so that we can join/start meetings. We have a third party doing the install so they are liaising with RingCentral on this and think they have found a fix. It's taken a long time!  I'll keep you updated.
Video obviously doesn't work in Citrix.
0 Likes 0 ·
rhys-davies12728 avatar image rhys-davies12728 commented ·
Hi Julie, great news that the plugin works.  As long as we can get the meetings into Outlook we can probably work some kind of local app access to start and join the meetings.  But yes if your 3rd party have found a fix I would love to hear it!  Look forward to the update.
Thanks
Rhys.
0 Likes 0 ·
So bad news I'm afraid - despite a while trying fixes on this we currently can't schedule meetings (this has now fallen over too) through outlook, or join meetings in Citrix 2016 at all. It's really disappointing as it worked fine in 08 and our user base just isn't confident enough to keep flipping in and out of Citrix.

We've had to give Teams all staff to facilitate home working and meetings so looks like that will have to become our meetings tool. Ringcentral meetings actually has better functionality for those who can navigate it, but it's not accesible for most of our colleagues anymore.
0 Likes 0 ·
rhys-davies12728 avatar image rhys-davies12728 commented ·
Hi Julie, I think that's our thinking too - RC has better functionality but Teams is just easier.  I wonder if the new ringcentral meetings app they've designed themselves will work?  thanks for the update, we'll give it a crack and see but might have to go the Teams route.  Are you using Teams directly in Citrix?  If so does the video conferencing work using the HDX hand off?
0 Likes 0 ·
we are using web browser in citrix and the app outside of citrix. All non video functionality is fine in citrix but we are directing users to the app outside of citrix for video use.
Good Luck!
0 Likes 0 ·
Show more comments
Work together.
From anywhere.

Team messaging, video meetings
and phone - all in one app.

Get the new RingCentral app