question

mike-weinstein avatar image
mike-weinstein asked Matthew Herbert edited

Call log times from prior to Daylight Savings Time are incorrect after Daylight Savings Time

In mid-November 2019, while trying to run employee call logs from October 2019 (prior to the 11/3/19 Daylight Savings time conversion), all call times are off by 1 hour (early).  It seems that, after Daylight Savings passed on 11/3/19, any call log reports run after that point, with a target timeframe from before DST, the RingCentral system subtracts 1 hour from each call start time (presumably because we "fell back 1 hour" on 11/3/19).

Isn't your system sophisticated enough to know that DST has taken place, and adjust the call times?  It shouldn't be subtracting an hour for calls being run in a report that took place prior to DST... the calls were at the time they were at, not an hour earlier.

For example... our company has team meetings every Tues. @ 12pm ET.  All team calls after Nov. 3 reflect 12pm ET start for each participant.  However, all Tues. meetings prior to DST show 11am ET start time, which is incorrect.

Please advise and correct this bug in your call log system.
call logs
12 comments
1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

Dave Andreasen avatar image Dave Andreasen commented ·

Hello Jessica,

Is there a way to upvote this issue or escalate it? We are experiencing the same problem and would like to be able to map call times to our schedule of support people.

1 Like 1 ·
Matthew Herbert avatar image Matthew Herbert commented ·

Is there any news on this because my company is experiencing the exact same issue? I can see this was escalated to your Service Engineering team back on July 30th last year and we are nearly a year on with the same bug. We are located in the UK and everything was fine until daylight saving time kicked in in March where the UK clocks go forward one hour. However the raw "StartTime" in the API results are still showing the old time, ie an hour behind. As a result ALL our call log records (displayed in our CRM) are all showing an hour behind. Example I myself received a missed call yesterday at 12.25pm UK time and the call log API is showing that call log entry as being 11.25am. Please advise and correct this bug. Thank you for your help. @Jessica-Community_Moderator

0 Likes 0 ·
jessica-community-moderator avatar image jessica-community-moderator ♦♦ Matthew Herbert commented ·

I'm still working on this @Matthew Herbert, it seems the original bug was closed as working as designed, but I am following up with some additional people.

0 Likes 0 ·
Matthew Herbert avatar image Matthew Herbert commented ·

Just to let you know I have tried raising a support ticket for this daylight savings time bug but each time I login (on https://support.ringcentral.com/) to raise a ticket I get the following error: "Failed Login - 401 ", just after entering my username and password. My credentials have always worked before. What is strange is I am already logged in here on the Community and use the same credentials on here as I have done on the support page - it should detect that I am logged in already. I assume this error is affecting other people too.

0 Likes 0 ·
jessica-community-moderator avatar image jessica-community-moderator ♦♦ Matthew Herbert commented ·

Hey @Matthew Herbert, can you confirm the email you are using to log in and are receiving the error when trying to create a case? We can get that addressed quickly.

I am still trying to locate the bug report from last year. I'll update this thread when I have new information.

0 Likes 0 ·
Matthew Herbert avatar image Matthew Herbert jessica-community-moderator ♦♦ commented ·

My email address I used to login is matt.herbert@westpiertele.com

0 Likes 0 ·
Show more comments

1 Answer

jessica-community-moderator avatar image
jessica-community-moderator answered
Hi Mike, 

This is a bug, I've logged it and escalated to our Service Engineering team. Thanks for reporting this! 
1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

Work together.
From anywhere.

Team messaging, video meetings
and phone - all in one app.

Get the new RingCentral app