question

Michael Dunfee avatar image
Michael Dunfee asked matt1234567891011121314 answered

Ring Central Desktop App freezes when trying to download a recording

The Ring Central Desktop App (BIG R) is freezing when trying to DL a recording. I found Avast Antivirus was identifying Update.exe and Ringcentral.exe as IDP.Generic, so i have submitted to them the files, as well as created an exception at the folder and executable level. However, i am still having issues with Downloading the recordings on one machine as of right now. Has anybody seen this?

ringcentral app
1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

matt1234567891011121314 avatar image
matt1234567891011121314 answered
We just got RingCentral and our admin got an alert (also Avast) that update.exe was a threat, and cited IDP.Generic. Not sure why that would be, but would appreciate some insight if anyone is familiar with this issue.. TIA
1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

jessica-community-moderator avatar image
jessica-community-moderator answered
Hi Michael, 

Can you confirm if you're able to download other files successfully? Just want to make sure there isn't a personal configuration that prevented the files from downloading correctly. 
1 |3000

Work together.
From anywhere.

Team messaging, video meetings
and phone - all in one app.

Get the new RingCentral app